Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top Off Tuesday: Once Burned

"Every once in awhile there are covers that just make you say Oh My! Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad, and sometimes it is head scratching. The point of Top Off Tuesday is to show you the ones with their Tops Off! Seriously y’all hunting out Top Off Tuesday covers is one of my favorite pastimes and you should join the fun!" ~from the Geeky Blogger

I have been enjoying this meme on Felicia's The Geeky Blogger's blog and have finally found some time to join in. The other players are Amanda from On a Book Bender, Christi from Smitten with Reading. Button made by Missie at The Unread Reader

My submission:

Once Burned
by Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Prince #1
346p.
Publisher: Avon

She's a mortal with dark powers...
After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire... 
He's the Prince of Night... 
Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all—but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him—a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.
Okay, I've had one of Jeaniene's novellas on the list, but not one from the Night Huntress world. How could I? Well, I'm correcting it now. Behold! Vlad in all his shirtless goodness. :D 

18 comments:

  1. One day I'll have to read this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one. I've not read it. Vlad is looking mighty hot on that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to read this one. Vlad is one of my fave characters in the Night Huntress series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Cat and Bones but have yet to read this series. Have the lovely books in this series in PB because of the yummy cover and stepbacks.

    Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. VLAD MELISSA! *pounces on him* I love him so much:) I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a book about Ian one of these days, but for now I'm more than content with Bones and Vlad:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard a lot about her, but I haven't actually read, and I need to

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I just put this on my 'to read' list the other day. Someday I gotta read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm, shirtless Vlad. That works...DEFINITELY! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um yowza? I'm definitely reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard a bit about this one, but never read anything by the author. I probably should!! Nice cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh darn it. I still need to read this spinoff series! What is wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frost's covers always make me smile. Intense men, flowing hair (usually) and rock-hard abs. How can you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know that I really love this cover, but I do love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading the Night Huntress series and Vlad is one of my favorite characters!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I downloaded this one when it was 3.99 but I haven't read any of the Vlad books yet. He's never really appealed to me *ducks for cover*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!