Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Enchanted

Meme hosted by Melissa My World in Words and Pages. It's about books that are already on the shelves and are waiting to be read. Go to her website to join in!

My submission this week:

Enchanted
by Alethea Kontis
narration: Katherine Kellgren
Published: Brilliance Audio
It isn’t easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true. 
When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises. 
The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past—and hers?
Yep, another audio free from SYNC (if it's not up right away then just wait, it should be soon)! I've been curious about this one. Just go to the SYNC website to get it. This one is open to everyone! Yes, it's international!
btw Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll, read by Miriam Margolyes (Bolinda Audio) is also available.

Any good fairytale retelling audios/books on your tbr?
Note: Nope, I'm not affiliated in any way with SYNC or the publisher or the author... just like freebies and telling ya about them. :D

19 comments:

  1. This sounds really cute! I do like fairy tale retellings and I like when the books are inspired by fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very curious about this one. I also enjoy retellings. :D

      Delete
  2. Hmm, you know I love fairy-tale re-tales. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I really want to read this one too Melissa! I'm a complete sucker for any type of fairytale story:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY I got it! International :D Double YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a cute one! I've seen the cover around, but I don't believe I'd read a summary before. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it too, but also didn't know what it was about before. I can't wait to listen. :)

      Delete
  6. I just heard a portion of this on Gin's Book Notes and I love the narrator's voice. I wish I had a device to listen to them, What do you all use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any MP3 device. You can even listen on your comp. You must have Overdrive (which is free) to get it downloaded.

      Delete
  7. I am going to pick this one up even though I have the book. I'd just like to see what the audio is like since it's free.

    I also just received "Fairest of Them All" by Carolyn Turgeon which is a Rapunzel/Snow White mash up. So I'm hoping to read that fairly soon. I also have "The Real Boy" by Anne Ursu which I think will be somewhat fairytale-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I should grab this one, it sounds SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this cover. Hope you enjoy when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! Glad I saw this today since it's the last day. I was sick all last week so I would have missed it. Thanks for the heads up! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!