Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Storm Warrior (Grim #1) by Dani Harper

Series: Grim #1
314p.
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Available: Now
Source: ARC from author for review
Enslaved for millennia by the masters of the Welsh faery realm, the fierce Celtic warrior Rhys is doomed to wander the earth forever. But when a brave beauty unwittingly breaks the enchantment, he is drawn into a strange new world…and an all-consuming desire. 
Sensible Morgan doesn’t believe in magic—until a mysterious being saves her from a fate worse than death, and life as she knows it changes forever. Now the man of her dreams has become flesh and blood, igniting a spark in Morgan’s soul which science cannot explain. But even a love that transcends time may not be strong enough to withstand the power of an ancient curse. 
From the best-selling author of Changeling Moon, this stirring novel of passion and magic launches an addictive new series for fans of paranormal romance.
Hm... a the fae, a veterinarian, a BIG puppy (mastiff), lots of other animals, a few rescues, and an alpha male who is patient, kind and has a way with animals. Yea, you can say I enjoyed this PNR. The heroine, Morgan, only believes in science but has a big heart for all animals. She works hard at her profession and in fact is so busy she has to hire out for help.

Oh but do I want to reveal more? It's not a hard book to figure out nor are there a lot of big twists to the tale, but I enjoyed exploring what happened to the characters in this book. I want you to do the same. I will say that I really enjoyed these characters. Morgan is a sensible but kind hearted person who leads with her heart with animals but with her head when it comes to romance. However Rhys may change her mind. Oh and Rhys. Not your typical needing a kick in the arse alpha male. He is kind, and patient and is quick minded. He has been through hell but won't let that rule his life. I really enjoyed this hero.

I also should mention the secondary characters. Those were fun. There is a fae that is befriended that is a hoot and the old curmudgeon neighbor is someone who blossoms as the story goes along. There are also the unusual vet and his wife who have no problem believing in Rhys and what happened to him in the past. The couple is fun, but we don't get much of them, but I think we will get more of them as the series goes on. I think they could be the comic relief of the bunch when we do get more of the couple.

I give this book 4 stars. I enjoyed my time in this world and look forward to the next book in this series. I recommend it to those that enjoy PNR, animal rescue, animals in general and some smexy "best. butt. ever." (end quote). ;)

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book with some unusual characters, I'm intrigued by a PNR novel with a vet and a mastiff puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all over PNRs where the animals don't get dead and are treated by a nice vet and a hot fae falls into her lap...this sounds great! *adds to wishlist*

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES TO ANIMALS MELISSA! Dogs in particular. I can't wait to meet the mastiff and the alpha male who's good with him:) Sounds like a perfect book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not keen on the bulldog on the cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's disguised as a mastiff... ;) Didn't you like Fang in HP? He was a mastiff! :D

      Delete
  5. Thank you VERY much Melissa, for taking the time to read and review Storm Warrior. I truly appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me read it! I really did enjoy it. :D

      Delete
  6. This sounds great! I love a guy who is alpha and patient. That is not very common. Cool review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I enjoyed that aspect a lot. :) I think you would enjoy the romance.

      Delete
  7. This sounds yummy and an alpha who is sensitive? That is so fresh..adding to my list cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rescue animals you say?? Why that girl is after my own heart! I'm sold too!! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this one sounds good! And I LOVE the name Rhys when spelled that way. I love it so much it's my sons middle name. I wanted it to be his first but everyone kept telling me that spelling it Rhys was just confusing, no one would know how to pronounce it and I refused to have it Reese. No way. So it's his middle name instead and no one but me really needs to spell it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have me interested in the best butt ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great review, I really want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhys sounds amazing! Plus there's animal rescue in this? Yes please! I'd never heard of this, but I'm definitely going to give this a try now. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!