Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Top Off Tuesday: Frigid

"Every once in awhile there are covers that just make you say Oh My! Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad, and sometimes it is head scratching. The point of Top Off Tuesday is to show you the ones with their Tops Off! Seriously y’all hunting out Top Off Tuesday covers is one of my favorite pastimes and you should join the fun!"

I have been enjoying this meme on Felicia's The Geeky Blogger's blog and have finally found some time to join in. The other players are Amanda from On a Book Bender, Christi from Smitten with Reading. Button made by Missie at The Unread Reader

my submission:

Frigid
by Jennifer L. Armentrout/ J. Lynn
For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.
I got this one when it was .99. What? I like her writing and hey, it was a bargain. ;) I do have to laugh at the cover though. I mean really dude... must you show your chest (not that I'm minding but...) when it is supposed to be cold... or Frigid? :D I do come from the land where guys go about in shorts in deep snowy weather, but I've never seen them with exposed chests. Plus he does look just a bit odd with how they lightened the picture to make it appear colder. Still, I'm loathe to ask him to cover up. :)

So, any snowy scenes on your ToT? :)

29 comments:

  1. LOL, so true. His nipples can prob cut glass. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I like my guys to stand out in snowstorms without any shirts on especially if they are super pretty. I need to know that they aren't perfect and freezing your poototty off means you aren't perfect LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the cover and immediately thought about what the temp is doing to his nipples. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm been on the fence about picking this up, so I can't wait to see what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious too. I don't often pick up NA but I do like her writing.

      Delete
  5. LOL--this cover's always cracked me up. What were they thinking?!? And yet, like you, I'd rather he not cover up. Maybe he likes the sting of frigid weather on his sculpted chest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this one yet but I plan to very soon. The cover does kind of make me laugh but like you, I'm not gonna ask him to cover that up!

    Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since everybody else has already said it, I probably don't need to but... shirtless in the snow doesn't seem like the greatest idea. But, like everyone else, I don't mind the view!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I loved this one, snow reads in the summer and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got it two and read it ASAP! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No one goes around with shorts here when it snows

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love that she's all bundled up wearing a scarf and everything and he's all "hello snow, meet my bare skin". Can't complain about those abs though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, here's how I explain this one to myself. She ran away because of a fight. He didn't have enough time to get clothed so he grabbed his shirt stuck his feet in his boots (bet they aren't tied) and ran after her. They made up and their passionate kisses keep him warm. How does that sound??
    And I wouldn't want his shirt on either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a hot cover and I do love JLA! 99 cent deals are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uh yeah you are right, who shows off their chest when it is snowing? Doesn't make sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, no kidding! He's gotta be freezing! I do like the snow and stuff though, it's a pretty cover. I love some of her books (I usually like them for the most part) so I might read this one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this one on my e-reader and it is sadly missing the uncovered chest! I know he's got to be cold, but I can't find it in me to offer him a sweater to cover up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe he will start a trend of shirtless guys in blizzards lol

    I always find her books filled with mistakes yet I can't help myself. I keep buying them anyway. I find her writing addictive.

    I hope it's still .99 because I'm totally going to break down and buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!