Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin #9) by Jennifer Estep

Series: Elemental Assassin #9
384p.
Published: Pocket Books
Available: NOW
Source: eARC from author and Edelweiss
The hotly anticipated ninth novel in the hugely popular Elemental Assassin series finds Gin Blanco on a dangerous mission to rescue a friend.

When a terror from the past threatens Gin’s friend and body-disposer, Sophia, Gin will stop at nothing to protect her, even if it means walking straight into a killer’s trap. Meanwhile, the rocky romance between Gin and Owen reaches a turning point—can they reunite and rekindle their love? Or will the things Gin has been forced to do in her line of work as the deadly assassin the Spider keep them apart forever? Assuming, that is, she survives long enough to find out…
My thoughts:
Wow! I've been a fan of this series for a while now and we are at #9. I have to say I just loved this book and it gave me everything I've been wanting for a while now in this series. I won't say too much as I don't want to spoil it for anyone nor do I want to spoil it for those that haven't started this series yet.

First, I will say that this was a Sophia heavy book. I have been wanting to know more about Sophia for a long time. She is just one of the mysterious secondary characters that just captured my attention. In fact the book centers around her and that just made me ecstatic!

There is also another part in the book that readers have been clamoring. We want to know about what happens with Owen and Gin. All I will say is that there is a conclusion to that arc in the storyline but I won't say if it is positive or negative. No, I can't say more... *sigh*

I give this latest installment 5 stars. I really loved this one mostly because we get to know Sophia a bit more and it is as action packed as the previous installments in this series.

Bloggy notes:
There is a blog post by Jennifer Estep and a giveaway HERE!

If you haven't read the series yet and want to try it, you can read the first book for free at XOXO After Dark. It will be available until Sept. 9th.

16 comments:

  1. I really need to continue the series, mainly as I'm at book 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently received book 3 in the series from a friend. A bit like you in that I don't always read a series in order (or all of the books in the series for that matter) however I'm a bit concerned that starting at book 3 in this instance may not be such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... this series should be read in order. That way the ARC makes more sense. I think you would enjoy it more.

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad that despite the fact this series is so long, you're still giving it high ratings. That says a LOT about the book and author, so I can't wait to read this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody I know is a fan of this series. I feel left out. I'm going to read this series on of these days. I will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love the Mythos Academy series so I think you would love these as well.

      Delete
  5. SO happy to hear this series is going strong and I like to see that five stars! I will be listening to book one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh free, cool, too bad I have read it already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful review, and glad to hear this is still doing it for you..I own books one, two and three now I just need to read them :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely loved this book, too. Sophia is absolutely fabulous (poor girl!!) and woo-hoo she got her revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read this series, but I'm trying to catch up on those I've already started. 9 books, wow, I have a long ways to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay 5 stars! I'm so behind in this series but every review I see for this book makes has me itching to get caught up so I can get to it. Thanks for the kick in the butt I need to push this up my TBR pile. :-) Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!