Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shadowman by Erin Kellison

Description:
Ghosts
They haunt the halls of the Segue Institute, terrifying the living, refusing to cross over. But one soul is driven by a very different force.
Love
It survives even death. And Kathleen O'Brien swore she would return to those she was forced to leave too soon.
Shadowman
He broke every rule to have her in life; now he will defy the angels to find her in death.
The Gate
Forging it is his single hope of being reunited with his beloved, but through it an abomination enters the world. Leaving a trail of blood and violence, the devil hunts her too. Pursued through realms of bright fantasy and dark reality, Kathleen is about to be taken...
OMG! Can I just say OMG! I LOVED this book! I SO need to add Shadowman to my man harem. *sigh* Can I has him PLEASE? ;) He is your dark mysterious tortured man who is in total love with one woman. I mean really... can you resist?

Hey, get away from him! Resist! He's mine! *growls*

This is the story I think I've been wanting since I read the first book. We were introduced to Kathleen and Shadowman, but then they became secondary characters. Important and essential but not central to the stories. This book is their own. It is not a book of the past but a continuation of the series. All questions you might have had between these two in the past books will be answered in this story. That is all I am willing to say since I refuse to reveal my man further to you wanton readers. I mean really... didn't I already claim him? ;D

Well, I will say that PNR fans who were worried that this is too UF for their tastes will LOVE this story. UF fans won't be let down either. There is non-stop action and mysteries that open this world up even more to us. The fae are terrifying and the angels aren't exactly maleable. Nope, not a fluffy love tale, but one of heartache and strength on all the characters involved. Oh, and surprise! I actually liked Adam in this book! Finally! *whew*

I give this book 5 stars. I really love the idea that the person who truly does not fear death does not fear life either. Embracing death is only embracing change and that change is not always what we expect. Heh... I'll let you chew on that one for the moment. ;)
I received this book from the author and no compensation for my review was given.


Don't forget! Erin rocks so much that she is giving someone a set of these books! Plus, it's international! Just go HERE to enter! And this is a series that should be read in order. HERE are my mini reviews of the first 2. Do read this series. I think you'll enjoy them!

16 comments:

  1. I've not read any books of this series but suddenly I want to fight you for Shadowman! Can we work out some time share arrangement...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this series either but is sounds like something I really enjoy! Plus, if Melissa already steaked her claim in Shadowman, then I need a taste of him too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant synopsis ..... so romantic (sighs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. "OMG! Can I just say OMG! I LOVED this book! I SO need to add Shadowman to my man harem. *sigh* Can I has him PLEASE? ;) "

    Wow. Any book that inspires your review to start that way is one I need to pick up right this minute. Since your harem is full of delicious hotties, and you consider Shadowman worthy, I know he's going to be oh-so much fun to read about. Thanks for the review Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I pull a "Melissa" and go straight to this book without reading the first one???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this series. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it sounds soooo great ! I must read this serie ! It's decided ! thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, you can't just have them ALL... ;) <3

    I TOTALLY NEED to read these! 5 stars from YOU is like freaking winning a million dollars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. >Hey! Stop stealing all the hunks, what if I want him when I read this book, huh!?

    Lol, well you can keep him for now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dooood! You totally know how to taunt me, don't you. Yes, every time you feel the need to add a man to your harem, I has the need to know WHY! Gotta read this one asap and grab Shadowman for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Mel... Put up those fists!
    *I suddenly run away* Eeeeekkkkk!!!! ;D

    @Savannah... Hey now! ;D I hope you do enjoy the series as much as I did!

    @...Petty... *sighs with you*

    @Jenny... Oh I think you'll love this one. Especially since you got such an oh so slight peek into their romance with the first book.

    @Stephanie. No. ;) Actually you can, but I really suggest starting with the first. That way you really get to know the characters which will enhance this one!

    @Rain... I hope you get it!

    @Melliane... Yes you must! Oh I loved this one.

    @Ashley...*whines* WHY not???

    Ooooo... can I has loan? ;D

    @Blodeuedd... Hm... I'd fight you to the death for him, but when you read the book, you'll understand the humor in that statement. ;D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Missie... Back away girlie! If you don't I'll throw glitter all over your vamps and make them glitter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa, I guess I'm going to have to read these books so I can stake my own claim and then fight you for him. I'm tough and limber, I think I could take you on. It sounds like it may be worth it. LMAO!

    I really need to read these books now! NOW! *clears throat* Okay, that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something tells me you like this book! I don't know what it is??? Oh, yeah, the possessiveness! I'll have to check this series out. I love ghosts! And romance!!!


    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jen... *Stretches* *hears something pop* Oh that's not good. Hm..
    *hides*

    ;D

    @BIB... MINE! Who me? Possessive??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! Did you love this one. ;D Thanks for the great review. I have the first two book here on my shelf and need to get to them. This sounds amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!