Saturday, September 10, 2011

On My Wishlist...

Meme hosted by Book Chick City

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
tbp: May 22, 2012
Description:
Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.

What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings


Squee! Mermaids!

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
tbp: June 2012
Description:
It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up.

As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, everyone’s motivations to survive begin to change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life–and death–inside.

When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?


So, what is on your wishlist this week?
Don't forget to check out the giveaways on the blog. All are listed below the header. There will be another giveaway tomorrow too!

24 comments:

  1. This is not a Test sounds amazing!! Although the cover made me think it was a YA romance...where do you find all these fab books? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the first cover ! It sounds interesting, thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice covers, very spooky ones, I do like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Not a Test sounds good. Creepy cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow - The Test with the hair-covered face and spots of blood ***shivery***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these books sound hella awesome. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES!!! I need BOTH of these!!! Mermaids and zombies... WIN!

    (Team Sushi!!)
    My wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover for Poseidon is gorgeous! And the second one is just plain ol' creepy. lol

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Is Not A Test just got added to my TBR pile! Can't wait to read it! Thanks for putting it on my radar :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, I love the cover of the first book! So going on my tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of Poseidon! At first I thought it was a retelling but now that I read the description I see it is not, and I have been looking for a good mermaid book :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want Of Poseidon too! It looks so good! And Anna Banks is so nice, haha it makes me wanna read her book more. Nice choices :)

    Literary Exploration: On My Wishlist [2]

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Is Not a Test sounds really great and the cover of Poseidon looks fantastic. I love water!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely looking forward to these releases as well! Great post!
    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm wishing for the first volume of a manga series a friend recommended to me. Please come which series I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have both of these on my TBR list. Too bad they won't be released for like forever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both books look amazing! I can't wait to see Courtney Summer's take on zombies since she usually does contemps :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why are you doing this to me? Everytime I come around to see what's on your wishlist, I add more books to my tbrlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES!!!! I can't wait for both of these, and the cover for Of Poseidon is just stunning. Need immediately:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Of Poseidon cover is the most gorgeous I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Of Poseiden sounds like a wonderful read. :) I like the sounds of the gods in books. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You seriously always have the coolest books on your wishlist Melissa (which then go on my wishlist)... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This Is Not a Test sounds so creepy and good. Something about the kids being holed up in the high school that really picks my interest. I must read it. NOW. Or when it's released anyway.

    I love the cover for Poseidon. I love the thought behind it too. I've had a lot of issues with Mermaid books so I'm glad this one is different and she is still just a girl. I like that she can communicate with fish...don't really hear of that too often in books. Sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!