Saturday, September 24, 2011

On My Wishlist...



Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
tbp: March 6, 2012

Description:
Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.

As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?

Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew.



Vamparazzi by Laura Resnick
tbp: Oct. 4, 2011

Description:
Playing a scantily clad vampire victim in an off-Broadway play, struggling actress Esther Diamond now may be the target of someone who claims to be a genuine bloodsucker...

Okay, I admit, I was drawn to this cover. It is #4 in the Ester Diamond series which I have yet to read. I mean, it's a Dan Dos Santos cover! I was doomed as soon as I saw it!

So, tell me... are you doomed? What is in your wishlist this week?

17 comments:

  1. Illuminate sounds great - but is it me or are there lots of red dresses on covers these days...? But they are all very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that second cover - totally draws me in! I haven't read this series, either, might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two covers are gorgeous ! I just love them ! I didn't know the Laura Resnick's series, maybe I have to check it out, it sounds great. But I didn't know the first one either. They sound really interesting, thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one has the power to say no to a Dos Santos cover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Illuminate sound amazing. And the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Illuminate sounds great! And that cover! :) I havent heard about it before so thank you! :)

    Nikita @ Leafy Books
    bookworm.nikita at gmail dot com
    Latest on my blog: ARC of Seers by Heather Frost Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ❤ the cover for Vamparazzi -- clever title too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Vamparazzi. First I hear of that one! But Illuminate is on my TBR too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. IDk about Illuminate, sounds like your typical YA book.

    Vamparazzi on the other hand has an awesome title and cover, :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dos Santos covers are scrumptious! I am not sure about the book but the cover made me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Illuminate's cover! And it sounds amazing; gonna have to add it to my to-read list! Thanks. :)

    My On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admit, red dresses suck me in so I like Illuminate already. However, the Vamparazzi cover I first thought was one of those knife-throwing, circus acts :) Had to take a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooohhhhh... So what are the paranormal beings in Illuminate? Vampires? I wanna read it and find out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Illuminate looks beautiful. I love the wings behind her. And Vamparazzi looks like fun. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover for Illuimnate! Adding it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doesn't Illuminate sound flipping AMAZING???

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blahahahahaha

    I totally need Vamparazzi. But *gasp* will I be able to read it out of order?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!