Saturday, June 11, 2011

On My Wishlist...


Incubus by Carol Goodman
TBP: July 21, 2011

Description: 

‘This is where all stories start, on the edge of a dark wood…’ 

Dr. Callie McFay’s travels to the small college town of Fairwick in New York State for a job interview. Despite it being her second choice she finds herself talked into accepting a job offer from the Folklore Department to teach a class on demons and vampires. She also finds herself drawn to an old house in the woods where Gothic novelist Dahlia LaMotte used to live and buys it on a whim, despite the seeming reluctance of the estate agent to sell it to her.

But on the night of her job interview, she had a very vivid erotic dream about a man made out of shadows and moonlight, and this dream becomes a regular occurrence when she moves into her new home. Callie starts to feel like a heroine in one of the gothic novels she teaches as slowly it dawns on her that things at the college – and in her home – are not what they seem. She learns that her house is supposed to be haunted by LaMotte’s former lover and her new – and rather strange – colleagues tell her an unfamiliar fairy tale about an incubus-demon with a human past who was enchanted by a fairy queen…


Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle
TBP: July 2011

Description:

Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.

So, what is on your wishlist this week?

20 comments:

  1. That Incubus might be nice...on the other hand it is still a demon so I am not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover od Brightest kind of darkness is gorgeous...I quite like the sound of the story as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning covers :D

    My wishlist include more Kate Noble books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wishlist! The Incubus books looks interesting!

    http://underthecoversbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/on-my-wishlist_11.html

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, the second one sounds really good! It's going on my own wishlist!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/06/on-my-wishlist-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol Goodman is one author I've been very curious about. Incubus may be the one that will finally get me to visit her territory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. I always find new books that I can add to my tbr list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're horrible for my own wishlists. It seems every Saturday I add more things because of what I find here. Both of these look really good - and yay, for once I only have to wait a month until they come out, not the usual year!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh AWESOME chick! and I agree with Barbara... you are terrible for MY wishlists!

    *loves*

    My wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! Incubus has a lovely cover! There are many books on my tbr pile right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok I am going to 2nd, 3rd, 4th that Incubus is a very lovely cover!

    You always have the most interesting wishlists! I lurve reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope get to read your books. My featured wish is Junonia by Kevin Henkes. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The both sound awesome. And the cover for Brightest Kind of Darkness is absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got me hooked on Brightest kind of Darkness tho I find the title very confusing lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brightest Kind of darkness is not on my wish list! Great covers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh really! Now you aren't playing fair here. This is two great sounding books. ANd I think I need both of them. lol. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really don't care what those books are about because... LOOK AT THOSE COVERS! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Carol Goodman! I can't wait for her next book. If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend The Lake of Dead Languages, Arcadia Falls and The Ghost Orchid by her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!