Sunday, June 19, 2011

Winners! AND Meet the New Crew!


I first need to announce some winners...
Winners of...
Shimmerspell: A Young Adult Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy (The Faerie Tale Girl Series)
are...
and
both have been contacted and given their code.
Didn't win?
Get the book at Smashwords HERE for 99 ¢

Winner of...
Raven (The Raven Saga)
is...

The winner of...
Whirlwind
is...
Stella (Ex Libris)

Congraties to everyone!
Don't forget to enter current giveaways listed above this post!

Now, introducing the new crew:
Anachronist:
You have already seen a few of her reviews here and will see more. Some of you know her and some have just met. As for a bio, she prefers to slink in the shadows but I did write something quickly on the new reviewer's page. Here it is:
A cynic when it comes to romances. A very well written reviewer. I am allowed to say what I want about her since she never gave me her bio. *snicker* So, e-mail me and I'll make up some stories. ;) She also runs her own blog, Books as Portable Pieces of Thought and is often found singing to Cher. ;D
AimeeKay:
Here is her introduction in her own words:

So the other day while I was in port I found a most interesting post of a cry for "Help!". This intrigued me, so I decided to investigate and see if I could offer any assistance. Well it turned out Melissa, of Books and Things, was drowning in a sea of books, and needed some help reviewing them. I have done a review, or two, before and I while sailing the seas I've found I have the joy of free time, so I gallantly offered to help her out. Melissa for her part was kind enough to accept and asked me to introduce myself. So let me do just that.


My name is AimeeKay. I'm currently engaged as a crew member of the Rusty Dagger, under the Famous Pirate Captain Vix. In some parts known as Vicious Vix, other parts as Violent Vix ,and these parts as Vindictive Vix . We are presently hunting the elusive Narwal who has run away with her treasure, and may I say it has been a very interesting and exciting journey so far! Captain Vix is a good and dedicated captain, and as long as one follows orders and gets their jobs done, we are pretty much have a great amount of free time to use as we wish. (however while on the open sea the choices are a BIT limited) So as I said before I decided to offer some of my free time to wonderful Melissa and spend it reading and reviewing some books, and then sending them to her to publish here at Books and Things. I also will be posting my reviews on Amazon and Good Reads I'm new to GoodReads and looking for friends so feel free to stop by there and say hi. If your interested in hearing of more of the adventures of Captain Vix and the Rusty Dagger, feel free to come read about them here. If you are of the more adventurous sort you can always see if the Captain has an opening on the crew.

Now I have introduced myself, and one good turn deserves another, plus I love hearing back from people and would love to know who might be reading these reviews. So feel free to introduce yourselves down below in the comments or ask any questions I'll try to answer them. (Please don't be offended if I don't reveal a lot however, that Narwal he be a crafty one, and I wouldn't want him to use anything I say to avoid our dear Captain Vix, for while I do enjoy being a pirate, I would hate for her never to recover her treasure. Not to mention I am kinda curious as to what that treasure might be.)

Until we meet again!
AimeeKay

16 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners! Also, a huge welcome to Anachronist and AimeeKay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thanks for a nice introduction Melissa! Don't be surprised that I didn't post any bio btw - cats rarely need one and they are often lurking in shadows and disappearing all of a sudden...

    Hi AimeeKay, nice to know you are such a splendid pirate! What's your weapon of choice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to type congrats to the winners but one of them is me. I forgot! Congrats to the other winners :)

    And welcome Anachronist and Aimee Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!
    And a big official welcome to Anachronist and Aimee Kay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Ana and AimeeKay

    *snickers too* great bio Melissa ;) That is Ana right

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much again Melissa! And congrats to all the other winners! Super excited to meet the new additions, I look forward to all their reviews:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome officially, Anachronist and AimeeKay. I love Anachronist's detailed reviews and personality that shines through. AimeeKay, I look forward to reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats winners & welcome to the new reviewers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everybody! Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

    @Anachronist-Fav weapon? Sword, however I'm not against using a pistol if the situation calls for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, sword is a noble weapon but a pistol is a pirate's best friend I suppose...and of course congrats to the winners ( a grouchy smile) and thanks Blodeuedd for your warm *cough nasty cough* welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to the winners! And nice to meet you Ana and Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, congrats to the winners and Hello to the new additions! :) Can't wait to read more from both of you. :) Welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to the winners! All of them such wonderful bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Anachronist-Well, if I could find a suitably piratized version of a baseball bat I would be very tempted to trade my sword for that for a time...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to the winners and so nice to meet the crew - welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!