Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Book Wishlist

A weekly meme On My Wishlist from Book Chick City

Where Demons Fear to Tread by Stephanie Chong
TBP: Aug. 23, 2011

Description:

Fledging guardian angel and yoga teacher Serena St. Clair dares to enter Devil’s Paradise nightclub on a mission—to retrieve the wayward Hollywood “It Boy” she’s assigned to protect. But she’s ambushed by the club’s owner, arch demon Julian Ascher. The most powerful demonic entity in Los Angeles, Julian is handsome as sin, a master of temptation who loves nothing more than corrupting pleasure-seeking humans. He won’t release the lost soul Serena is supposed to guard. Unless she accepts his dangerous wager.…

After the disastrous way his human life ended, Julian vowed that no woman would get the better of him again. Yet this sexy-sweet angel, smelling of fresh ocean air and happiness, triggers centuries-old feelings. Now, their high-stakes game of seduction, where angels fall from grace and where demons fear to tread, will lead them either to an eternity in hell…or a deliciously hot.

Welcome to Bordertown an anthology
Published! by Random House

Description:

Bordertown: a city on the border between our human world and the elfin realm. Runaway teens come from both sides of the border to find adventure, to find themselves. Elves play in rock bands and race down the street on spell-powered motorbikes. Human kids recreate themselves in the squats and clubs and artists' studios of Soho. Terri Windling's original Bordertown series was the forerunner of today's urban fantasy, introducing authors that included Charles de Lint, Will Shetterly, Emma Bull, and Ellen Kushner. In this volume of all-new work (including a 15-page graphic story), the original writers are now joined by the generation that grew up dreaming of Bordertown, including acclaimed authors Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, Cory Doctorow, Neil Gaiman, Catherynne M. Valente, and many more. They all meet here on the streets of Bordertown in more than twenty new interconnected songs, poems, and stories.

The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
TBP: Jan. 10, 2012

Description:

St. Petersburg, Russia, 1888. As she attends a whirl of glittering balls, royal debutante Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, tries to hide a dark secret: she can raise the dead. No one knows. Not her family. Not the girls at her finishing school. Not the tsar or anyone in her aristocratic circle. Katerina considers her talent a curse, not a gift. But when she uses her special skill to protect a member of the Imperial Family, she finds herself caught in a web of intrigue.

An evil presence is growing within Europe's royal bloodlines—and those aligned with the darkness threaten to topple the tsar. Suddenly Katerina's strength as a necromancer attracts attention from unwelcome sources . . . including two young men—George Alexandrovich, the tsar's standoffish middle son, who needs Katerina's help to safeguard Russia, even if he's repelled by her secret, and the dashing Prince Danilo, heir to the throne of Montenegro, to whom Katerina feels inexplicably drawn.

The time has come for Katerina to embrace her power, but which side will she choose—and to whom will she give her heart?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had to add the last one in case you were sweating and needed something cool to look at! ;) Wouldn't that be perfect NOW? 
Oh and I hope you like my new icon. Thought it matched my blog better.
So, what is on your hot wishlist this week?

21 comments:

  1. The Gathering Storm sounds really nice. I just hope the author did some research on Tsars and Russia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the Gathering storm (although with the UK weather being cool is not a problem at the moment!).

    I've never heard of Bordertown either but I want to look at the original stories now as well as these new ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like first and third one :)
    Great wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where Demons Fear to Tread sounds like a Very good time :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where Demons Fear to Tread is one I am really looking forward too! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very excited for Where Demons Fear to Tread!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wishlist button. :)

    I hadn't heard of Where Demons fear to Tread, but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Demon entities in Los Angeles??? Is this book fact or fiction?

    I concur with the gorgeous wishlist button. Very I Dream of Jeannie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gathering Storm and Bordertown have been on my radar too. And now I'm dying for demons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I forgot to add the wishlist button would make anybody salivate, be it a demon or a saint...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of Bordertown. My featured wish is Summer of the Dragon by Don Goodman. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um WIN with Bordertown!! I have to check out the other two though!

    My wishlist! and Zombie Craze started today!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where Demons Fear to Tread sounds good. I could do with a good adult PNR.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover of Gathering Storm, that hat is too cute.

    About Bordertown, IDK I see the name Cassie Claire and I run as far away as I can haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Gathering Storm sounds like my kind of book :) Great cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These all sound great! The Gathering Storm sounds so fascinating that I may even pre-order a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't even care what Where Demons Fear to Tread is about, save for the fact that it is about angels. *Runs off to add it to Goodreads wishlist...* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, Where Demons Fear to tread is a new one for me. And sounds really good! I have Bordertown on my want list too. :) Thanks for the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not heard of Border Town bu t I am soo adding it to my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome to Bordertown looks like a great one to add to my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks!

    I have Where Demons fear to tread... it sounds great! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!