Thursday, June 13, 2013

Throwback Thursday: The Raven Boys

Meme hosted by Melissa My World in Words and Pages. It's about books that are already on the shelves and are waiting to be read. Go to her website to join in!

My submission this week:

The Raven Boys 
The Raven Cycle #1
by Maggie Stiefvater
Narrator: Will Patton
Audio: 11 hours
“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.” 
It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive. 
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her. 
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble. 
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little. 
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.
From Maggie Stiefvater, the bestselling and acclaimed author of the Shivertrilogy and The Scorpio Races, comes a spellbinding new series where the inevitability of death and the nature of love lead us to a place we’ve never been before.
I've been wanting to read this one for a while now. Guess what??? I got it for free and you can too this week! SQUEE! Just go HERE to SYNC to snag your audio copy of the book. This week only (until Wed of next week). There is also no restriction for international... so everyone can get a copy. 

Also bloggy note: There will be a blogtour post here tomorrow that has a giveaway by the tour.
I'll also be at Candace's Book Blog with a giveaway of my own. See ya in both places manaña!
Note: Nope, I'm not affiliated in any way with SYNC or the publisher or the author... just like freebies and telling ya about them. :D

30 comments:

  1. Oh No. I really, really disliked The Raven Boys. luckily, I seem to be the minority, so I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like finally getting hold of a book you have been waiting for and even better when its free. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this book on my shelf for at least a year so I need to read it too.

    I'm also looking forward to the Ink tour. I got it at BEA and it sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just starting the Ink book. I read the prequel so I'm all set! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh, NICE! Everyone needs to read/listen to this story -- it's GREAT!! I hope you love it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another book on my long list of wish books!! It has gotten wonderful reviews. Need a time stopping machine or book reading spell to get to them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I hope you get it... since it is FREE! :D

      Delete
  6. I need to get around to reading this series too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME MELISSA! I really loved this book, Maggie writes such great characters and all 4 Raven Boys are really fascinating. I'm excited to see what you think, of the ending in particular, because it has one of the strangest parting lines I've come across in a while. I need Dream Thieves asap to explain it to me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm... now I'm all curious about that ending. Did you not get that book at BEA?

      Delete
  8. AHHH I love this book so much! Time to re-read on audio.... :-) Can't wait to hear what you think, and thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the Raven Boys, but not as much as The Wolves books. There was just something missing in Maggie's writing it wasn't as gorgeous. I still am continuing with the series. Thanks for the heads up on the freebie download!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read the first book in the Wolves series (I have the second, just haven't gotten to it). I loved the Scorpion Races so I'm looking forward to this one. Hope I still enjoy! :D

      Delete
  10. I do want to read this one! It sounds quite good. That's awesome you got a copy for free!!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes they are evil and only US but I got this one YAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love that this one is international. I think the publisher is usually pretty generous that way. :)

      Delete
  12. I haven't read this book but I confess I only tried one series by her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this one, so I really hope you do too, Melissa! I can't wait to see what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, great pick! I'll have to see about downloading, if I can and can figure it out. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had The Raven Boys (not audio) for AGES and STILL haven't read it! I seriously want to smack myself cause it was a year ago (over a year ago) when I got the ARC. Yikes.

    Thanks for letting everyone know you'll be at my blog! I'm super excited to have you on, thanks for helping out with MFT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, no, Mel, don't do that! I've read Raven Boys back when it was released and now I've downloaded the audio. After only 30 minutes, I can honestly say Will Patton is one of the worst narrators out there. He didn't even bother to pronounce Stiefvater properly.
    The man should be shot, not allowed to narrate audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Raven boys! I need to read the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to your review of this-it has been my favorite Stiefvater so far and I'm so pumped for the sequel to come out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!