Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Primal Seduction by Sydney Somers

Primal Seduction (Pendragon Gargoyles)From Goodreads:
 Primal Hunger  
Kennedy’s spirited nature sometimes gets her into trouble, but now she’s in real hot water. She needs to put her sexy, brooding boss out of her head—an impossible task when he offers her a ride home. 
Gargoyle cat-shifter Tristan Callaghan has no time for anything but finding the Arthurian dagger that will free his brother. Now that Kennedy is sitting next to him in his car, though, his craving for her is sharper than ever. 
 
The distraction is costly. In a split second, she is dragged into a hunt that marks her for death. To save her Tristan must sacrifice his quest…or the one woman meant to be his.   
Primal Attraction 
Sorcha lives to track and eliminate rogue immortals, but her latest target—a sexy, gargoyle shifter— is convinced she’s his mate. For the first time, she’s unable to kill her target.    
Cale Callaghan is stunned to find Sorcha is alive, but the woman he aches to possess doesn’t recognize him. Worse, she’s after the same Arthurian dagger he needs to save his brother. His only hope to protect his family and reclaim his mate—ruthlessly take advantage of her one weakness. Her desire for him…
This book is actually 2 of the first books in the Pendragon Gargoyles series. (Yes, I'm sure some of you are feinting because I read #1 and #2 in order) In book 1, Primal Hunger, it is the story of Tristan a cat shifter and gargoyle, and Kennedy, a human. Kennedy finds herself in danger and suddenly thrown into a world she only thought was imaginary. And she thought that being a bartender in the city was bad enough. Suddenly she is thrown into the arms of the one man she was attracted to and was unavailable. Unavailable since she was the only female he seemed to avoid and hate. Soon, she finds out that she was the only one he wanted.

This story is a smexy PNR. Tristan can't get enough of Kennedy and almost loses the battle before it starts just because he is excited he found his true mate. Tristan is also all alpha male and Kennedy is no shrinking violet. In fact both do not back down to anything let alone each other. Even so, they are also tender and very vulnerable with each other which is why it makes the book such a good PNR, even if they tend to fall in bed quite easily. I mean, how can you not find a lethal cat shifter smexy?

In book 2, Primal Attraction, we are introduced to another brother, Cale. He has gone off to find a cure for a third brother in the form of a coveted dagger and sorceress. In the process he finds the one thing that gave his life meaning is alive since he thought her dead for 80 years. His living breathing mate. He is beyond happy that she is standing before him, he doesn't care that she just shot him with a poisonous arrow and wants his head on the platter. As Sorcha finds herself intrigued she purposely talks to her target. One thing she never does. However everything in her tells her to hear him out. She does and finds herself falling for the sexy target. Even if he has mistaken her for his mate.

As with the first book this book is just as smexy. Again, both main characters are alpha and yet vulnerable to the one that they love. They also respect each other. One thing Sorcha never had with a male before. Oh, and even if the stories seem the same, their relationships do differ and those differences make the 2 books a wonderful addition to this series. I can't wait to see who is in the next book. I also need to know if they are able to free their brother stuck in his gargoyle form. I'm guessing that means he has a smexy book all his own. Sounds good to me.

I give this book 4 stars. If you are in the mood for a smexy, steamy, hot PNR, then you have found the right book. I love that it is two books in one. However, I do warn you that even though the couple's stories feel complete, the running background story is far from over. That one moves ever so slowly in the background. Not quite a cliffhanger, but not complete either.

I received this book from the Goodreads first reads program and no compensation for my review was given.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read many "smexy PNRs" , so I will check out the first book in the series :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a Gargoyle cat-shifter but this is the only thing that appeals to me about this book. Well, this and the fact that like misha my reading of sexy PNR's is limited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, did you say smexy shifters? That's pretty much enough for me, I guess I'm easy when it comes to PNR:) Love that even though the men are strong alpha personalities, they are also vulnerable which makes their alpha-ness tolerable and enjoyable. Thanks so much for this review Melissa, I was unaware of these books and now I must read them. Smexy here I come:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm with Jenny. I totally need my smexy times right now. LOL

    But I'm confused, as per usual. A cat shifter AND gargoyle? Like he could be either? That's different.

    And when is falling in bed easily such a bad thing?

    Two for one is a deal I just can't pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, in order, my oh my ;)
    Sounds good, and I do like smexy pnr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shapeshifting gargoyles - I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Misha and ...Petty... I hope you like it, but if you aren't into smexy PNRs you may not.

    @Jenny... Aren't we all easy? Uh... I mean when it comes to smexy PNRs? ;)

    @Missie... He is both. More PN for our R! :D Oh, and you hussy! No wonder I like you! ;D

    @Blodeuedd... I know... you feeling alright?

    @Stephanie... yep, if you are in the mood for steamy, this one is for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read many smexy shifters books. Lately I have found myself more in the mood for some adult PNR. So thanks for the rec Melissa. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great, I will add these for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, sounds like some good fun here. ;) Smexy, huh. I like the sounds of these. :) Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!