Saturday, March 5, 2011

On My Wishlist...

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
TBP: Aug. 1, 2011

From Goodreads:
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Acad­emy — a school of myths, magic and war­rior whiz kids, where even the lowli­est geek knows how to chop off somebody’s head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spar­tan guy in school, also hap­pens to be the deadliest.

But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jas­mine Ash­ton was mur­dered in the Library of Antiq­ui­ties. Then, some­one stole the Bowl of Tears, a mag­i­cal arti­fact that can be used to bring about the sec­ond Chaos War. You know, death, destruc­tion and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I’m deter­mined to find out who killed Jas­mine and why – espe­cially since I should have been the one who died...



Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison
TBP: Oct. 11, 2011

From Goodreads:
(UNOFFICAL description, subject to alteration)

A modern retelling of the German legend "Tristan and Isolde", "Tris and Izzy", is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until-- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school. 



I've always loved Tristan and Isolde more than Romeo and Juliet... so I'm really curious about this retelling.


Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions Anthology
TBP: Sept. 1, 2011


From Goodreads:
Giovanni’s Farewell by Claudia Gray
Scenic Route by Carrie Ryan
IV League by Margaret Stohl
Red Run by Kami Garcia
Things About Love by Jackson Pearce
Niederwald by Rachel Vincent
--- by Melissa Marr
Facing Facts by Kelley Armstrong
Let’s Get This Undead Show on the Road by Sarah Rees Brennan
Bridge by Jeri Smith-Ready
Skin Contact by Kimberly Derting
Leaving by Ally Condie
At the Late Night, Double Feature, Picture Show by Jessica Verday
Gargouille by Mary E. Pearson
The Third Kind by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Automatic by Rachel Caine



So... what is on your paranormal, YA wishlist this week?

21 comments:

  1. Enthralled has a couple of my favourite authors featured so I definitely want to try it!Touchg of Frost sounds good as well...but I really should try her Gin series as well! Good choices this week - as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Enthralled looks really good! And, I've decided that the chick on your header is going to be one of my next tattoo's! Minus the dog, but I'm in love with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more with your choices Melissa! I am totally on a boarding school/ academy kick right now where students go to hone their magical abilities so "Touch of Frost" is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tris & Izzie is on my wishlist too! I love original story and the cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these look like good "diversions." Love your springy background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Tris and Izzie. And that cover is beyond amazing.
    I hadn't heard of the Enthralled Anthology, but based on all the authors that partake in it, I HAVE to read it! I've added it to my TBR list thanks to you! :)
    Great choices!

    Feel free to check out what's on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all sound good! Great wishlist :D Oh I wanna go shopping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thanks for bringing Tris and Izzie to my attention. That really does sound good. Adding it to my list. Have a great weekend!

    Here's mine As the Pages Turn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Triz & izzie looks so good!

    here what's OMW
    http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/03/on-my-wishlist6.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sharyla... that is funny. I'd have the dog as a tat. But then again... he IS my dog. lol

    @Blodeuedd... I'll give you my list.

    Off to see what everyone else is wishing for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mette gave me an ARC of Tris and Izzie. It's soooo yummy! And Mette is amazing. I'll be giving it away sometime in May or June. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books! If you like Tristian and Isolt you would love the trilogy by Rosalind Miles amazing books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize that J.E. had a book coming out! It looks like it would be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh- Touch of Frost is definitely on my radar. I really like how Jennifer described it.


    =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Felicia... she has several coming out this year!

    @Amber... Oh, I'm jealous! Plus your book looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to have to add all three of these books to my wishlist as well. Thanks for adding to my addiction :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Touch of Frost looks awesome! =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. MUST HAVE ALL OF THESE! I love Jennifer Estep, her Elemental Assassin series is one of my favorites, so I'm really excited to see what she does with a YA series:) Tris and Izzie looks amazing as well, as does Enthralled. I need to make more money so I can afford all the good books coming up:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Trust Melissa Marr to have a story title ---

    I'm enthralled without even knowing anything about this anthology! All I know is I need it now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is Estep's young adult series! I need this one! I doo! Okay, over to add to that dreaded WANT list!

    Oh and a new anthology for me to want. Thanks! This is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!