Thursday, December 5, 2013

Throwback Thursday: The Hallowed Ones

Meme hosted by Melissa My World in Words and Pages. It's about books that are already on the shelves and are waiting to be read. Go to her website to join in!
My submission this week:

The Hallowed Ones
The Hallowed Ones #1
by Laura Bickle
Katie is on the verge of her Rumspringa, the time in Amish life when teenagers can get a taste of the real world. But the real world comes to her in this dystopian tale with a philosophical bent. Rumors of massive unrest on the “Outside” abound. Something murderous is out there. Amish elders make a rule: No one goes outside, and no outsiders come in. But when Katie finds a gravely injured young man, she can’t leave him to die. She smuggles him into her family’s barn—at what cost to her community? The suspense of this vividly told, truly horrific thriller will keep the pages turning.

Oh yea! I won this one and I can't wait to read it. It is because of all you great book bloggers that made me want this one!

Any books on your tbr you got because of great reviews? 

24 comments:

  1. I just finished this on audio, and more than anything else, I loved the narrator! She handled accents and the Amish language exceptionally well.
    The story was excellent too, but I was a bit disappointed by the second book.
    Can't wait to read your thoughts on it. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I might have to try it on audio too. Well, maybe the second book... :) Will have to see if the library has it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for spreading the word, this sounds great. I'm away to add it to my wish list now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed both this and the sequel! I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard really great things about this series Melissa but I haven't had a chance to read it either. Fail. I feel like despite how many books I read, I still say "I haven't read this" way too often:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Generally not an Amish story reader but, hey, always good to try new things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book and I need to start book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah! You won this from me! That means you have to read it or else I will come over and kick your butt! This is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have my fingers crossed that you like this one. It was my favorite book from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm curious about this one. Hope you enjoy when you get to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yay! Yay! The Christmas theme is here!!! Looks very jolly!! Heidi loves this one. I think I have both books on my kindle. I know I have this one! I have only read great things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this book at Target. I'm going to pick it up next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard amazing things about this book, I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you enjoy it, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!