Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tell Me Something Tuesday: Cookies!

Tell Me Something Tuesday, a meme started by CambriaHebert, but now hosted on Rainy Day Ramblings. It is a chance to get to know your fellow bloggers by sharing fun stuff, discussions and more. Grab the question and post your answer on your blog and link up at Rainy Day Ramblings! Have fun!

This weeks question:
Cookie Exchange: Share some of your favorite holiday cookie recipes.

I have to admit something... I don't cook. Okay, I hate to cook, but sort of the same thing. I am a slice and bake kind of cookie girl. Love it that way since you can make them hot and fresh at a moments notice. However, one of my fave cookies is peanut butter. Right now, for reasons untold, I cannot have my fave treat, but I did spy something on the web. It is from The Savy Saving Couple: Super Easy Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies #Recipe #GlutenFree. I've also spotted this recipe on Instructables.

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 cup of creamy or chunky peanut butter 
  • 1 cup of sugar-I found 3/4 of a cup also works!
I think when I make it I will substitute natural sugar (you can get it in the health food section) or see if I can convert it with agave nectar or Manuka honey. I'm just not a fan of processed refined sugar.

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350* 
  • mix ingredients 
  • place on ungreased cookie sheet in balls
  • smoosh (technical term) down with a fork
  • bake for 8-10 min.
Okay, I also found this (even though it's not cookies, still looks yummy!!):

Then you must eat! Tell me what I'm missing. I know this is a strange way to sell a cookie.. one that I haven't eaten, but these look so easy and yummy!

21 comments:

  1. Ooh frozen hot chocolate looks delicious! And that peanut butter cookie recipe is so simple, I just have to try it! I think I'll do agave like you instead, I'm not a fan of processed granulated sugar. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, this sounds like a fun way to meet other bloggers. Delicious recipes, its just a shame I'm a disaster in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not the best cook but I'm going to have to make Empire Biscuits over the holidays. They're these fantastic sugar cookies that have jam in the middle and frosting on the top along with a cherry and OMG, my mouth is watering. They're a Scottish treat. YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn! That sounds so delish. I swear I've had them before too! :)

      Delete
  4. I made peanut butter cookies ones...horrid, blah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't cook either Melissa! *high five* It's just always been something that frustrates me because whatever I'm making never really turns out how it's supposed to. For some people, cooking is soothing and something they do for comfort. For me? It's ulcer-inducing stressful:)

    That frozen hot chocolate looks absurdly delicious. I want it immediately:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five*

      It's not that stressful to me but tedious. I just don't like it. :P Although I had an argument with one of my cousins. She thought I loved to bake because I would decorate cakes, cookies... but no. I just like to decorate them. :D

      Delete
  6. I am SO good at smooshing things with a fork! It's a talent of mine.
    I bake a lot these days, especially with my kid, so I'll defintiely try these: a) because we adore PB and b) because it's so simple she can basically make them by herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMOOSH! :D I think that is my only cooking talent. :)

      Oh I'd love to know how they come out!

      Delete
  7. I don't believe you. I think I'll have to come over and you'll have to show me how it is done so I can know for sure. I'll bring an empty stomach! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That frozen hot chocolate sounds delicious. Three ingredient penaut butter cookies looks great too, how hard can it be to screw that up? Thanks for doing TMST with me! I am going to pin the recipes on my board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of those look delicious. I LOVE peanut butter cookies! They are my favorite! I might try that recipe. And that frozen hot chocolate looks yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, you've made me hungry, Melissa! I love to bake, so I'll definitely be trying these recipes out - soon! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum to both the cookies and the frozen hot cocoa. I love peanut butter cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you on the sugar, I try to keep it out of my house. I also hate cooking or baking. But my kids love it and I really should find a recipe for cookies or something that I can use agave nectar in. Thanks for the reminder! And now I'm craving peanut butter cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want that frozen hot chocolate!!! OMG that looks good.

    I like the taste of natural or raw sugar better too. It hunk it's a little stronger/ molasses tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm taking these recipes and tying them out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like to cook or bake either! My favorite recipe for cookies are whatever someone else is making. :) I seriously love my mom's peanut butter cookies with Hershey Kisses in the middle. Yum! Your recipes/cookies look tasty, too!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!