Saturday, August 20, 2011

On My Wishlist...

Wishlist meme hosted by Book Chick City


Saints Astray by Jacqueline Carey
tbp: Nov. 22, 2011

Description:

Fellow orphans, amateur vigilantes, and members of the Santitos, Loup Garron-the fugitive daughter of a genetically engineered "wolf man"-and Pilar Ecchevarria grew up in the military zone of Outpost 12, formerly known as Santa Olivia. But now they're free, and they want to help the rest of the Santitos escape. During a series of escapades, they discover that Miguel, Loup's former sparring partner and reprobate surrogate brother, has escaped from Outpost 12 and is testifying on behalf of its forgotten citizens-at least until he disappears from protective custody. Honor drives Loup to rescue Miguel, even though entering the U.S could mean losing her liberty. Pilar vows to help her.
It will take a daring and absurd caper to extricate Miguel from the mess he's created but Loup is prepared to risk everything... and this time she has help.


I reviewed the first book, Santa Olivia, a long time ago and really loved it. I can't wait for the second.

Seduced by Shadows by Jessa Slade
Book #1 of the Marked Souls
Published!!

Description:

After an accident left her near death, Sera Littlejohn is struggling to piece her life together again. But when a violet-eyed stranger reveals a supernatural battle veiled in the shadows, Sera is tempted to the edge of madness by a dangerous desire.

Ferris Archer takes Sera under his wing now that she is talyan, possessed by a repentant demon with hellish powers. Archer and his league of warriors have long risked their demon-shattered souls to stop darker spirits from wreaking havoc. But they’ve never fought beside a female talya before, and never in all his centuries has Archer found a woman who captivates him like Sera.

With the balance shifting between good and evil, passion and possession, Sera and Archer must defy the darkness‹and dare to embrace a love that will mark them forever…


After having met Jessa Slade, I really want to read her books. She rocks, so naturally her books rock. This is the first in the series (don't faint... I sometimes read in order!)

So, what is on your wishlist this week?

21 comments:

  1. Love the cover of Saints Astray by Jacqueline Carey! Very good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really drawn to Seduced by Shadows. And not just because it has a shirtless hottie on the cover but it sounds interesting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard about these. Good choices!

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Seduced by Shadows looks awesome!! *ahem* yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seduced by Shadows sounds excellent, must add to my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slade's book looks like something that I would enjoy as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meeting and liking an author always makes me hanker for their books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Slade book, have I read it...ahem, no *hides in shame* I am so bad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both books are new to me, a nice wishes all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay....so, remember that TV series with Jessica Alba where she is a lab rat and she escapes and needs to save the rest of her lab rat buddies(Dark Angel)?....that totally reminds me of Saints Astray. Not that I've read either in the series, but oh well, that can be rectified. Anyway, I wanted a barcode tattoo on my neck after that because if I can't live in a fictional world, I can pretend to live in a fictional world, right? LOL! Good thing I was like 16 and couldn't actually get a tattoo. :D Now I can tattoo Property of the Beast Lord on my butt! :D

    (Your pick's are purrrfect...*licks Seduced by Shadows* mmmmm!)

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! I ended up with books 2 and 3 of the Jess Slade series and got to meet her at AAD, so I will DEFINITELY be interested to see what you have to say about this one!! I don't want to read them out of order so I need to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This week's wish is inspired by a book I finished while in the mountains. Please come see which book I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Seduced by Shadows book! Then guy is a hot hot hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessa Slade just so happen to have books 1 and 2 on my TBR waiting patiently for the day I get to read them.
    As for what is on my wishlist too many books to count but for sure Blood Rules and In Blood We Trust the 2nd and 3rd in the Bloodlands series by Christine Cody.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I've been waiting for the sequel to Santa Olivia for ages! And now I find a cover and blurb - thanks for adding yet another book my wishlist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh. Both are new books to me. And look really good! Thank you for the torment... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wolfmen and kick-ass sounding female spy thingers? Sounds amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got Jessa Slade´s books 1 and 2 at AAD this year! I cant ait to read them! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!