Sunday, August 21, 2011

Changeling Moon by Dani Harper

Changeling MoonDescription:
He roams the moonlit wilderness, his every sense and instinct on high alert. Changeling wolf Connor Macleod and his Pack have never feared anything — until the night human Zoey Tyler barely escapes a rogue werewolf’s vicious attack. 
As the full moon approaches, Zoey has no idea of the changes that are coming, and only Connor can show her what she is, and help her master the wildness inside. With her initiation into the Pack just days away and a terrifying predator on the loose, the tentative bonds of trust and tenderness are their only weapons against a force red in tooth, claw … and ultimate evil.
Oh this is a fun PNR. It has what most people want in their shifter PNRs. A smexy man... too good to be true, and a veterinarian with a huge heart to boot! A kick-ass female who has no problem staring down death with a glare. It is a mate for life book that makes most women who love it swoon (yes, I'm swooning!). However...

There is some action... and not just in the bedroom. There is an EVIL (oh SO evil) villain that I DARE you to like even a smidge. It also packs in a few surprises at the end. I think that is my only complaint. Zoey's surprises are the biggest and I kinda wished she would have found them out sooner so I could have had more of that. :) There is even a heartbreaking scene right before that discovery. I could yell at the author for that, but it did give more emotional punch to the scene, if I have to admit anything. *sigh*

I give this book 4 stars. I wouldn't mind being a member of their small town and meeting a single Macleod man... or two. ;) I recommend this book to readers of shifter PNR. I think you will enjoy it!
I was given this book by the publisher and no compensation for my review was given.

19 comments:

  1. Not my piece of pizza , PNR stuff, thanks a lot for your review though! Now I know I can pass this one. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been ages since I picked up an adult paranormal. Changeling Moon sounds like a fun one to add to my wish list. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must go find Macleod men! Seriously, like now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sold. I must read this one immediately, it sounds like it has amazing characters, a well done plot, and all sorts of emotional punches. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up a copy of this book recently. Can I have a Macleod man too? I only want one!



    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hearing lots of good things about this one, thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wouldn't want a smexy mate for life???

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is meant to be, I have always loved the name Connor McLeod :D Dunno why but I have, hihi, want

    ReplyDelete
  9. @anachronist... figured. Tomorrow won't be your slice either.

    @Nic... Oh yes. It is a good start to the series.

    @aimewookie... Yum indeed! ;)

    @Felicia... YES! Let's go! Never been to Canada anyway. ;)

    @Jenny... Yes it does. I think you'll enjoy the series.

    @Paranormal... Hm... let's see a Macleod man for each one of us... ;D

    @...Petty...TY!

    @Stephanie.. True!

    @Blodeuedd... You'll have to steal him away! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Or TWO?? You naughty girl! ;) this does look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, you are just going through books like wild fire here! I can't keep up with all these amazing sounding books with my turtle pace reading. lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "There is some action... and not just in the bedroom"

    GIGGLES

    ReplyDelete
  13. This series is so on my wishlist. I love the storyline and the author :) Thank you so much for sharing your opinion today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A shifter veterinarian! Freaking brilliant. I like the sound of the high emotions. Definitely makes it seem like more than a romp in the bedroom kind of book. ;)

    P.S. I'll take that extra Macleod man off your hands

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am SO checking this series out!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so with you Melissa! I wouldn't mind being in a small town with hotties! Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A shifter PNR I don't yet own? Why did no one tell me? I saw this at a Borders clearance, too, and passed it up. Stupid me. Gr.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just when I need a new shifter PNR, you come through for me! Off to add to Goodreads...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!