Thursday, August 18, 2011

Devil Without a Cause by Terri Garey

Devil Without a Cause (Devil's Bargain, Book 1)Description:
Idle hands are the devil's workshop 
Temptation and seduction are the tricks of the Devil's trade, and when offered the chance to regain his wings by playing guardian angel, he's hell-bent on doing things his way . . . 
Faith McFarland is in need of a miracle. So desperate to save her sick child, she's willing to make a deal with the Devil: steal a ring worn by Finn Payne, the bad-boy rockstar who long ago sold his soul for rock 'n roll. Temptation and seduction become necessary evils, yet Faith's salvation means Finn's damnation . . . because the ring is all that stands between him and Hell. Falling in love was never part of the bargain, but now that they've tasted heaven in each other's arms, can they convince the Devil to give up his due?
I enjoyed the characters in this story (obviously... check out yesterday's post). Faith is a true mother. One who will do anything for her son. Finn has already done anything for his muse to express itself through music. And then there is a horny (not so little) devil at the center of it all. Hard choices, interesting tasks with rules, and things that they find out not only about each other, but about themselves. Even the secondary characters were interesting. Plus, there is a back story there I can't wait to find out about! Oh and before you scold me for reading this one in the middle of the series, this book is #1! (nah nah NAH nah nah) Now, I understand it is a spin off of her Nicki Styx novels which I now want. Oh and no, you do not have to read the Nicki series before to enjoy this book.

Now in a way the story is quite straight forward. Making bargains with the devil for either selfish or unselfish reasons, the devil trying to get his due, trying to get out of the deal. However, the story that weaves around that simple story is very captivating. A romance, a sweet little boy who captures everyone's heart, and a few surprises for that blue eyed devil himself. The story is complete and does not end in a cliffie, but you will want the next book in the series to continue your hellish visit with "Sammy". You will want to know what he does next with his little surprise. Oh you will have to read it to find out just what that was. Okay, you know it's coming... *evil laugh* ;D Hey, it really fits here!

I give this book 4 stars and can't wait for the next installment! I'm just not making a deal with that devil to get it. ;D
I received this book from the publisher and no compensation for my review was given.

Oh, enjoy this vid! ;)

21 comments:

  1. After yesterday's post I want to read it alone. Not just one swoon worthy guy but two. Oh and the plot sounds fantastic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to serieses, so I have to read the Nicki Styx books first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy just staring at that first pic in the vid ;)
    Oh the hottie from yesterday wohoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Way to start with the first book in the series! I love the sound of everything about this one, so after your Book Boyfriend post and your review, it's getting downloaded on the Kindle today:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I mean seriously I loved "The Devil" and Finn/Faith were fantastically flawed but good-hearted peeps!

    Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very much enjoyed the video! Great review! There's nothing like a great characters with good romance. Also loved the the story is weaved in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nic... I really think you'll enjoy it. Love all the characters in the book. :)

    @Cherry... LOL Obviously I'm not. However, it does make me want to read Nicki's books in the best way!

    @Blodeuedd... LOL So am I! Orlando fan, eh? :)

    @Jenny...Oh I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    @Felicia... Oh so agree!!

    @Savannah...Vid was good. I think you'll like the romance in this one.

    @animewookie... Oh it is!

    @Ashley... Do eet! ;)

    @Rain... oh I think you will really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really good. It's one of those books I wasn't sure about but I've read a few really good reviews (including yours of course) and they've convinced me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you should have never directed me to yesterday's post, now have lost my train of thought Melissa! LOL

    This book by Garey has been on my radar since the first mention of it's cover much less all the wonderful reviews it has gotten prior to and after it's release. Not getting it yet, need to be strong and stay off TBD and Amazon buying things until get more of a handle on what is already on my shelves and on my reader. (like I have that kind of willpower, bull may get it sooner than later but not anytime in near future no matter how much I "want it".)

    Now am going back to stare at Brad and Orlando again! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahaha! Why am I giggling like a loon after watching that video?

    Every time I see that book cover, I have an uncontrollable desire to LICK it! I love knowing that this one is a spin off from another series, but can stand on it's own. I can't wait to get my hands on it so I can stop licking the computer screen.

    P.S. Sometimes I wonder if even the devil is scared of your evil laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me with the mother willing to do anything for her son...and then I saw yesterday's post and I might just sell my soul to the devil to have those pretty mens to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the title of this book - and well the model on the front can knock on my door any time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, that video!..... Awesome! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one that I've wanted to read every since I heard about it. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it and I can't wait to read it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh sounds like a lovely read! :) And your boyfriends from yesterday... mmmm. Love the video. And the song there! lol. Thank you for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I'm intrigued! I have this in my review pile and definitely need to check it out now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. *drools* Melissa, you ARE killing me! It's a serious hottie overload. I don't know how much my poor self can take *takes temperature and pulse* Oh...nevermind...I can take a lot more, I just may pass out every now and again. :D

    This sounds good, but it's not korny right? I can't do anything too korny right now, not after the last angel/devil book I read. That or insta-love. Is there insta-love in this? I sounds SO good and after your MBB yesterday I'm slobbering for it, but I'm worried. Is it totally worth a read?

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Jen... I can say with certainty that korny isn't a part of this book! Now there is some insta-love, but how they get together... well, it makes sense. Plus they have a common enemy. ;) So, it works here. I think it is worth the read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!