Saturday, August 27, 2011

Write A Post, Help a Dog!

You spend any amount of time on this blog, you know I love dogs. I have my doberman reading at the top. Unfortunately, he doesn't help out with the reviews. Anyway, thought that I would do my small part to help out homeless animals. So, here is my post for those sweet pups. Feel free to copy any part below the deets as well as any of the pics in this post for your own. Don't forget to add it to the link so Pedigree can count it!

Deets:
Pedigree is resurrecting is insanely successful Write a Post, Help a Dog program. In 2010, 391 bloggers wrote about the program and with each post, Pedigree donated 20 pounds of its Healthy Longevity dog food to shelter animals. In all, 7,820 pounds of food was donated to two shelters renowned for their care of senior dogs: Muttville Senior Dog Rescue in San Francisco and Castaway Critters in Harrisburg, Pa.

How you can help in 2011

Simply spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog 2011 and once again Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of food for each blogger's post. Here's all you need to include in your post:

  • The Write a Post, Help a Dog program is aimed at raising awareness and food for the more than four million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year.
  • For each blog post mentioning the Pedigree Foundation from now until midnight ET on September 3, Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of its new dry Pedigree recipe food for dogs -- its best recipe ever -- to a shelter, because every dog deserves leading nutrition. 
  • The Pedigree Foundation -- a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit organization is committed to helping dogs by providing grants to shelters and rescues and encouraging dog adoption. This year the Foundation has already raised more than $376,570 against its goal of $1.5 million to carry out its work to fund grants that not only help shelters operate, but to further shelter innovations.
The Pedigree Foundation depends on charitable contributions from individuals to carry out its mission to help dogs find loving homes. In addition to writing a blog post, here's how you can help:


Then, link up to our Blog Hop below, hosted by the Pedigree BlogPaws bloggers to help spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog.

9 comments:

  1. Us pup lovers have to stick together Melissa, when I saw this one had to add it to my blog too. My little Chihuahua was one step away from being a pound pup when I got him! 13 years later and he has been my shadow ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! My pug was a rescue and I had her for 15 years :) Tonks would have gone to the pound if I didn't take her from her old owner so this is very near/dear to my heart!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had rescue dogs in the past and now. Yeppers... love those puppers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazingly easy way to help! Thanks, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a cool idea. And I'm running out of time tonight, so I'm going to try and remember to do this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am signing up to do this!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. September 3... September 3... September 3!!! I will REMEMBER to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I missed out on this last year. Made it with just hours to spare this time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!