Thursday, December 6, 2012

Throwback Thursday!

Meme hosted by Melissa My World in Words and Pages. It's about books that are already on the shelves and are waiting to be read. Sign up at her blog to join in on the meme!

This weeks book:

This is Not a Test
by Courtney Summers
It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually wantto live. But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside. When everything is gone, what doyou hold on to?
I won this book recently and have yet to dive in... but I will!
So, what is on your shelves waiting for you to read it this week? 

9 comments:

  1. Snap! I won this book as well and haven't read it yet...perhaps it's something to do with the Melissa name...? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Loved this book! AHHHHH! There so needs to be more books like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get on it girl! Get on it :)

    I am going to be catching up with the Thea Harrison series. I am 2.5 books behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one too Melissa! Normally I would stay far, far away as zombies are not for me, but I've heard this one is less about the zombies themselves and more about the characters, so I think I'll be good to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are in for an intense read. This is a good one. I really enjoyed this book! THe sound of the zombies pounding at the door still haunts me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think I've heard about this one. Not much, but some. :) Very nice pick.

    Thank you for joining in!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard a lot of good things about this book!
    I'm kinda feeling blah about books today. I have read on three books today but none are striking my fancy. Hopefully its just my mood today though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard about this one before but don't remember if people liked it or not. Too many books!! What a great world, yeah? :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!