Saturday, May 21, 2011

On My Wishlist...


Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
tbp: 11/1/2011
From Goodreads:
The shadows deepen on the gaslit streets of New York City in the year 1880. Curses and spirits, demons and rituals, blood and faith, love and danger; such is the stuff of Magic Most Foul. Find your voice... or else.

 Shaedes of Gray by Amanda Bonilla
tbp: Dec. 2011
From Goodreads:
“I’d learned the hard way that love is nothing more than the sharpest blade, and it can easily be turned against you. I refused to let anyone have that kind of power over me ever again.”  
In the shadows of the night, Darian has lived alone for almost a century. Made and abandoned by her former love, Darian is the last of her kind—an immortal Shaede who can slip into darkness as easily as breathing. With no one else to rely on, she has taught herself how to survive, using her unique skills to become a deadly assassin.  
Darian finds herself struggling to keep her employer Tyler at arm’s length, especially since his seductive smile makes her want to break her rules about love. The work he offers is necessary to protect the innocent—and a welcome distraction. But when Darian’s next mark turns out to be Xander Peck, King of the Shaede Nation, her whole worldview is thrown into question. Darian begins to wonder if she’s taken on more than her conscience will allow, but a good assassin never leaves a job unfinished...
So, what is on your wishlist this week? 

18 comments:

  1. I really want Shaedes of Gray as well - the cover is lush and assassin's seem to be in at the moment! Good choices - I approve! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shades of Gray has an awesome cover as well. Love the cover for Darker Still. I featured that last week on my Wishlist. Come visit me. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darker Still looks so freaking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful covers. I really like the sound of Shades Of Gray though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the cover for Darker Still... fantastic! And I also love the fact that it's set in the 1800s. This is definitely one for my TBR list. As for what I'll be reading this week... I'll be finishing off a horror called Asylum Lake. Its spooky, it might give me nightmares, but its brilliant! Next though, I'll be needing something a little lighter. YA fantasy perhaps?
    Suzy Turner, YA urban fantasy author
    http://suzyturner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! These look good, will have to add to TBR! Stop by ours Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got to have a copy of Darker Still!!!! OMG, loving the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want Bonilla's book too. It looks sounds sounds so cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your choices are lovely indeed - two gals who seem to be too deadly for their own good...Darker Still might be good though unless it reeks of romance. Have a lovely weekend! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the covers to both of these and am adding them both to my own wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! Shaedes of Grey is new to me! I have to add that to my TBR right NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Hieber has a new book - I love the paranormal Victorian setting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I'm in love with the cover and premise of Darker Still! Fabulous picks, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first I have heard of them but they both look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darker Still looks great! I enjoyed the author's previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darker Still. Looks historical and I love the cover. WANTS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooohhhhh.... Both really intriguing choices! I must add them to Goodreads!

    Have a great weekend Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darker still is a new one for me. But I have seen Shaedes of Gray and love the sounds of it. :) Now you have to get it to torment me with. ;) lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!