Thursday, January 17, 2013

Throwback Thursday

Meme hosted by Melissa My World in Words and Pages. It's about books that are already on the shelves and are waiting to be read. Go to her website to join in!

This week's submission:
The Blood Keeper
by Tessa Gratton
For Mab Prowd, the practice of blood magic is as natural as breathing. It's all she's ever known. Growing up on an isolated farm in Kansas with other practitioners may have kept her from making friends her own age, but it has also given her a sense of purpose—she's connected to the land and protective of the magic. And she is able to practice it proudly and happily out in the open with only the crows as her companions. Mab will do anything to keep the ancient practice alive and guard its secrets. But one morning while she is working out a particularly tricky spell she encounters Will, a local boy who is trying to exorcise some mundane personal demons. He experiences Mab's magic in a way his mind cannot comprehend and is all too happy to end their chance meeting. But secrets that were kept from Mab by the earlier generations of blood magicians have come home to roost. And she and Will are drawn back together, time again by this dangerous force looking to break free from the earth and reclaim its own dark power.
I won this signed but am waiting to read the first book. YES... I'm waiting to read it in order. :D

The first book I still need to get:

Blood Magic
by Tessa Gratton
It starts off simply. 
Draw a circle... place a dead leaf in the center... sprinkle some salt... recite a little Latin... add a drop of blood... 
Maybe that last part isn’t exactly simple. Yet somehow it feels right to Silla Kennicott. And nothing in her life has felt remotely right since her parents’ horrific deaths. She’s willing to do anything to uncover the truth about her family—even try a few spells from the mysterious book that arrived on her doorstep ... and spill some blood.

The book isn’t the only recent arrival in Silla’s life. There’s Nick Pardee, the new guy next door who may have seen Silla casting a spell. She’s not sure what he saw and is afraid to find out. But as they spend more time together, Silla realizes this may not be Nick’s first encounter with Blood Magic. Brought together by a combination of fate and chemistry, Silla and Nick can’t deny their attraction. And they can’t ignore the dark presence lurking nearby—waiting to reclaim the book and all its power.
See... even I want to read in order...
Do I need to pass out the smelling salts? :D

What second book is on your tbr you are waiting to read? 

14 comments:

  1. I have blood magic to read, one day I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome series! Haven't read too many books with blood magic, and I love discovering new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read this series. Have since the first book.

      Delete
  3. *faints dead away* Did I read that right? You said you actually WANT to read these in order? *fans self to keep from hyperventilating* I see such growth in you Melissa, I'm so proud! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *waves smelling salts under Jenny's head*

      Psh! Growth! I fooled you! *evil laugh*

      Delete
  4. I read some great reviews on book two so hopefully it is going to be a good read for you! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love Blood Magic but blood Keep threw me off a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Blood Magic but I still haven't got my hands on the second book yet. Hope you read and love them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, these sound amazing! I remember seeing them around a while ago. Do hope you get to them!

    And thank you so much for joining the meme. :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I CAN'T STAND to read books out of order, so I feel your pain! I can't tell you how many books and e-books I picked up because they were cheap or on sale, that are STILL sitting on my shelves months, sometimes even years later because I haven't gotten the rest of the series yet. The biggest culprit is my library's book sale. If I see a book in a series that I want to read for a crazy cheap price, I always pick it up and tell myself, I'll get the rest later. Then "later" never happens! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won this book as well but like you am waiting to get my hands on book 1 first before reading this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!