Friday, July 20, 2012

Fairy Metal Thunder: Week 3

This weeks questions come from: Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews

1. In the beginning of chapter 14, poor Jason is having a tough time at work. Its busy, people are rude, there are hot girls talking to him, big lady's are about to starve, all in all bad work day. So tell us about a time when you had to deal with a pushy customer or rude behavior, did you freak, keep it together, throw a slawburger?

I wish I could throw a slawburger. If you had to work with the public, chances are you have a pushy customer. Sadly true. My most memorable one was when I worked in a music store. The guy knew our store manager who was also working with me that night. It was closing time and he decided to take his sweet time (no I didn't get overtime, darn it) and he treated me like I was his personal slave and gave me a smile every time he gave a "command". He was loving the fact that he had me running around the whole store getting things he wanted and putting back stuff he didn't. I was pleasant to his face, but totally flipped him off under the counter when I waited for him to saunter over to finally pay for his purchase. It was solid wood and high up so he couldn't tell what I was doing. What an @rse!

2. In chapter 16 Jason is getting ready to shoot his rocking music video and perform for a crowd. Have you ever made a rock video, been in a play or anything that shows you doing something with musical talent? Extra points if you want to show us.

I have been in concert band, orchestra, played organ (no jokes now... lol), marching band, pep band, flute choir and I even took dance when I was little. I also had a semester of guitar. Yep, I have played in front of crowds and small audiences. I own no pics when I did any of these things. :D

3. Speaking of videos, the boys have a little chat about Steven Spielberg in chapter 17, what is your favorite Spielberg movie? Can't think of one...well then tell us about one of your favorite Sci-fi movies.

Easy... E.T. Hands (er... fingers) down!

4. At the end of Chapter 17 the guys say bye to Dred who is getting ready to move, did you ever have to start over in a new school or new place when you were in highschool? Was it good, bad...horrible?

Not in HS, but in kindergarden 1/2 through the year. That was horrible. I didn't know anyone and a boy I liked took my asparagus! Um... I know that needs explaining, but I'll just let that one go for now.. LOL

5. If you had a pet Unicorn what would you name it?

Mr. Pointy


And just for fun: Would you rather be pecked to death by a vulture or eat a Goblins toenails???

I'd have to say vulture. You mention eating toenails and I'm totally squicking (it's a word, I just made it up!) out. :P

Last weeks questions will be from: Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile

15 comments:

  1. Awww Mr Pointy, that's sweet..and now my mind goes in the gutter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love mister Pointy! Ah E.T is a great choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked at a music store my senior year of highschool!! That was the greatest most fun job ever!! I think it was SamGoody.....and I love the name Mr. Pointy.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I was pleasant to his face, but totally flipped him off under the counter when I waited for him to saunter over to finally pay for his purchase."

    Hahahaha YES! I've so wanted to do this to some of the customers I had in retail. It was an epic battle some days not to roll my eyes where they could see me:)

    And Mr. Pointy? I like it. Sounds dirty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I putting this book to read ASAP! I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I would hate to see you get pecked to death, I would miss you. I was a flutist too and did the marching band and pep band, loved it and miss it as geeky as that may sound. Snickering...Mr. Pointy....dirty thoughts be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol!! Squicking!! Awesome word. Love your unicorn pic. I used to play clarinet. I was a total band geek.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all have such dirty minds. No wonder I like you all... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahh...Mr. Pointy. Oh, definitely you win hands down for that one.

    I'm very impressed with your musical talent! Are you sure you don't have any pictures? I'm sure the band outfit was pretty sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you're a musician too? Is there no end to your talents??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have done the exact same thing to that customer, pushy people are just the worst! Love your unicorn name: Mr. Pointy is so fitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Wow Mel, you have more musical talent in your little pinky than I do in my entire being! I wish I knew how to play the organ. Now I know how you keep your man harem satisfied. LOL

    Kidding. Couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. True, if you ever work in the public you are guaranteed to come across an angry customer at some point. E.T. is good but the alien always freaked me out as a kid lol I prefer scary dinosaurs and picked Jurassic Park!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!