Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fairy Metal Thunder Read a Long: Week 2

This week questions are from Reading the Paranormal

Questions for Chapters 7-13 of Fairy Metal Thunder

1. Unfairly grounded by his parents, Jason decides to lie to them so he can go to the audition in Minneapolis. Unfortunately, not only does the audition end poorly but his parents discover his lie and things go downhill from there. Tell us the most outrageous lie you've ever been caught in. Bonus points if you can provide pictorial proof. Reenactments eagerly accepted. 


Seriously, I don't lie well. I'm really bad at it. I guess I'm boring with this one. I will say that (although there were other factors involved) I did get to ditch a few classes with teacher permission because I told the truth in HS.

Oh, I do know someone that doesn't mind lying on occasion however:


2. In Faerie, Aoide is summoned to see the Faerie Queen. Have you ever met someone important like the Faerie Queen? Someone famous? Tell us the story behind how it happened. Once again, pictures are a plus! 

Hm... I currently have 3 cousins in a new Johnny Depp film. 2 may end up on the cutting room floor (despite the bragging... LOL) and the third will have some sort of roll in the film. Not sure what it is yet. I'm so happy for him. This is what he wants to do (mostly direct). I don't have a pic of him that is readily available (darn scanner)... hopefully I'll have one with him in his role soon. :D Of couse this satisfies both requirements. All 3 are important to me and famous in my life (even if 2 end up on the cutting room floor). ;D

3. Caught lying to his father about his non-existent job at the car wash, Jason has now found gainful employment at Buddy McSlawburger's - where he's forced to wear "the funny hat" as part of his uniform. What's the worst job you've ever had? Did it involve a particularly noxious uniform? Tell us about it - in riveting, full-color detail! 

I never had to wear a uniform for work! *dances* La la la la! ;D (I'm not talking about my band uniform days...) My worst paying job? I'd have to say the fireworks stand. It was grimy, you ended the day covered in gun powder, sit in a tent in the hot sun and don't even get to go to the fireworks displays around town since you had to be open. *sigh* Poor put upon me... LOL Honestly, it really wasn't bad summer work for a teen. The worst part was smokers and people who was stupid enough to light a firework near the fireworks I was selling. Yes, that happened. 

4. In an effort to regain their stolen instruments, Aoide and Rhodia travel to the sugar swamp to hire a hunter. Wouldn't you love to live somewhere where the water is sweet and the grass is made of sugar cane? Show us a picture of you enjoying your favorite sweet treat. Or, rewrite history and tell us how your version of the sugar swamp would differ from the one in the book.

Weird confession time: I'm not a huge sweet eater. My biggest change would be either less bugs and mud or more dog bats (to clear those bugs). I mean... with all the sweetness I possess... *cough* I would be bug food! ;D

As far as my ideal sweet place...  I always wanted to go to (more so the old version than the new):
I always wanted to know if that was tea and what that cup tasted like! Well, that and the shnozberries. What the heck is that??

Next weeks questions are from Tina @ Tina's Book Reviews

14 comments:

  1. I agree with wanting to go to the chocolate factory. (Old one more than new) I would love to know what some of the things tasted like and even how they looked and felt. I like sweets, but I'm more of a salty snack person. I love chips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny...sweets are my downfall...if I went to Willy's Id be like the fat kid who jumps in the chocolate river......mmmmm chocolate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I've *ALWAYS* wondered what the little tulip cup tasted like too!! The color makes me think maybe it was a little lemony!

    It's awesome that your cousins got to meet/work with Johnny Depp. He's AMAZING!!

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
  4. People smoked and lit fireworks next to a firework stand? Yeah, that sounds like people...

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEFINITELY the older Willy Wonka factory. Epic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Willy Wonka! I'm getting the urge to watch that weird, weird movie again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't lie very well either lol, great answers, it's always so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking of Willy Wonka for a while too. I definitely a fan of the old one versus the newer one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get a glimpse of at least one cousin then :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a great liar! LOL If at first you don't succeed just try again! LMAO I always thought the firework stand did look hot and miserable! I would love to go to the chocolate factory!
    My Answers

    ReplyDelete
  11. One would think that working at a fireworks stand would be fun but it sounds like a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was always one of mine and my brother's favorite scenes in Willy Wonka! When we were little we used to always want edible cups, but of course you couldn't just buy them, lol!

    That's awesome about your cousins!

    :) Aeicha
    Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome about your cousins being in a Johnny Depp movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. (sorry I'm so late on the commenting, crazy weekend)

    So are you going to be introducing us *cough* me *cough cough* to Johnny? I find him delicious, lets be brutally honest. Then again, when am I not brutally honest. ;)

    Fireworks!! You light up my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!