Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fairy Metal Thunder Read a Long: Week 1



This weeks questions come from Missie @ The Unread Reader

Questions for Chapter 1-6 of Fairy Metal Thunder:

1. At the beginning of the story, the Assorted Zebras are just a garage band, but they are expecting to make it big. Who knows, you just might find yourself at one of their concerts someday. Until then, show me your favorite concert t-shirt. It could be a picture of a concert you actually attended or a pic of a vintage tee of your favorite band. Be sure to tell me the story behind the tee.


I don't have any pictures from concerts I've attended... and I don't have any of my tees available for me to take a pic. Plus, I refused to buy any of the big name shirts ever since they reached $30+ for a flimsy one. BUT I will show you my fave place to attend a concert:
RED ROCKS BABY!
All the following by U2
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Surrender
A Day Without Me
(I just linked it since it is restricted and you have to go on the site to see it anyway oh and PS...to Bono.. Love the hair! LOL)
Unfortunately I wasn't at this concert, but it is at Red Rocks. Such a great place for a concert. They reportedly loved the venue but couldn't play there again since it is fairly small and they got big shortly after this was out. Poor guys. :D

2. Jason’s mom forces him to agree to do some yard work for Mrs. Dullahan, which wouldn’t be so bad if she wasn’t rumored to be a witch. Tell me about the worst chore you were ever forced to do. Who make you do it? Bonus points if you have a picture to share of you doing the dirty work. 

I think I shared this in the other read-a-long. It was fielding calls on a phone operations center that should have stayed in the 20s that my dad forced upon me. Hm... well how about cleaning my dog after an accident when my dog got very sick (and don't worry, I was too busy to take pics, so relax...). That was a no brainer though that it had to be done. I just hated that they were sick. :(

3. Uh oh! There seems to be a jewelry thief in the neighborhood. Have you have had anything stolen from you? Or have you ever lost something precious? Did you ever find it? Make a Reward if Found poster for the stolen or lost item. Convince us to find it for you. Make the reward good!

Yes I did. My parents had this cat before I came along. When I was born the kitty took me over and I was hers! I have lots of pics of me and the cat, but my scanner is on the fritz so I can't show those... but my reward poster is (pic is unknown source and not my kitty):
click to enlarge
No, we never found her and we are certain someone took her. :(

4. In Faerie, Jason declares himself as Jason the Guy Who Wants That Necklace Back. Weird, but then again every name has a meaning. What does your name mean? What is the origin? Do you go by any kind of nicknames? How did you get that nickname? 

Melissa means HONEYBEE! (common Missie... you KNOW that!) :D

From Wikipedia:
Melissa is a given name for a female child. The name comes from the Greek word μέλισσα (melissa), "honey bee",[1] which in turn comes from μέλι (meli), "honey".[2][3] In Ireland it is sometimes used as a feminine form of the Gaelic male name Maoilíosa, which means "servant of Jesus." Melissa also refers to the plant known as lemon balm (family Lamiaceae; genus and species Melissa officinalis).
According to Greek mythology, perhaps reflecting Minoan culture in making her the daughter of a Cretan king Melissos, Melissa was a nymph who discovered and taught the use of honey and from whom bees were believed to have received their name.[4] She was one of the nymphic nurses of Zeus, sister to Amaltheia, but rather than feeding the baby milk, Melissa, appropriately for her name, fed him honey. Or, alternatively, the bees brought honey straight to his mouth. Because of her, Melissa became the name of all the nymphs who cared for the patriarch god as a baby
Nicknames: Missy, Mel, Meli, Miss Miss which are variations on my name. I've had others but none really stuck.

5. When Jason gets home from his all night adventures through Fairy, his parents unfairly ground him for a month! Care to share a time you were grounded by your parents for no good reason?

Oh I was a precious innocent child. Any and ALL punishments were for no good reason. *cough*

Before you go, don't forget to check out the giveaway here for:


Just click the pic!↑
Then visit the rest of the giveaways. It ends on the 7th.

22 comments:

  1. I think your dog has a story to share with us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been forbidden on pain of... welll... never getting another treat! LOL

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh, a missing kitty, that is sad. I have two pets, a dog and a cat so I would be crying my eyes out if one of them ever went missing......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so little, but I remember being very worried about him.

      Delete
  3. Aww, poor missing kitty cat :( I'd be distraught if my cat went missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a cat go missing too. I found her sitting int he window of a neighbor's house, who had been gone for weeks on extended vacation. The cat must have slipped in through the garage or something. We had to have the cops come and get her out of the locked up house! Weird situation. My mom had to clean up her pup after a nasty sickness too, as well as most of the house. Good lawdy, I feel terrible for both of you. I'd much rather handle cat sick, although it isn't fun when you step in it at 3 AM.

    I had a favorite outdoor venue to go to for concerts in St. Pete, FL. I'm not even sure it's open anymore but it was a favorite spot for many and right dead in the city center, so it got a lot of flack from residents...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you got your kitty back! YaY! I've had 2 dogs with 2 different situations at one time. It wasn't fun, but necessary. :P

      Oh and bare feet... always find the mess no matter what. I know mine do that. :P :P

      Delete
  5. I don't like cleaning up after the pets either. One of our dogs has a really week stomach but still likes to get into everything. He gets sick all the time. I always hope someone else is at home so I don't have to clean it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, poor kitty :(

    Isn't it amazing that it seems we ALL were such angelic children?! Musta been all the book reading we did as kids ;D

    :) Aeicha
    Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... although I remember getting in trouble for reading late at night too... :D

      Delete
  7. Haha!! Totally laughing at this post. We were all such great kids who didn't cause any trouble... That's so sad about your kitty! I love U2. I would love to see them in concert!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to see them in concert too. But I did attend several rockin' concerts there! :D

      Delete
  8. Aww, poor kitty, who knows maybe it'll turn up out of the blue! I guess we were all very innocent children, being a good girl is cool :)

    I think your dog has a lot to share, he seems like the talkative type, lol.

    I would never get along with any sort of pet if I had one, cleaning after them would be a whole other story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was a long time ago, so I don't think so. :(

      I AM a good girl! I swear! 0:)

      Delete
  9. I love your dog. He's always full of so much more info than you're willing to share. LOL!

    And seriously, who steals a kitty? NOT COOL! I love that you play up the broken hearted little girl as repayment. And I love U2. Did you know I stayed with his cousin when I was visiting Ireland? Bono totally gave them a giant toaster for their wedding. Biggest damn toaster I've ever seen . LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwa ha ha! I'm Bono's cousin and all I got was this huge damn toaster! ROFL!

      Delete
  10. LOL! Freaking fantastic. You comments always make me laugh! Oh and I have this book, that I need to read. Will get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm sure you were innocent and well-behaved, Melissa! ***BIG SNORT***

    ReplyDelete
  12. How dare you be too busy to take picture of the clean up. LOL

    Kidding. But yeah, I feel you on that. There was a time that Ozzie threw up everyday, and I had to clean it up and it was not pretty.

    It's so hard losing a pet. I'm sorry about your kitty. *hugs*

    P.S. Not sure I'm buying that innocent business either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cleaning up after pets is the worst. My cat throws up a lot! Sucks! I lost one cat too :-( Cutie pie was her name. I was a perfect child too! Perfect at getting away with everything! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!