Sunday, July 31, 2011

End of The Month Summer Recap

This month was catch-up month for me as well as having an impromptu special week.
This month's reads were:
YA:
Wolfsbane Review by Andrea Cramer
Lost Voices Review by Sarah Porter
Ultraviolet Review by R.J. Anderson
Hereafter by Tara Hudson
My Favorite Band Does Not Exist by Robert T. Jeschonek
First Frost and Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Wildefire by Karsten Knight

Adult:
Savor the Danger by Lori Foster
Geist by Philippa Ballantine
Spectyr by Philippa Ballantine
Born Under a Lucky Moon by Dana Precious

Then... there was Steampunk Week!
Phoenix Rising by Philippa Ballantine and Tee Morris
Wilder's Mate by Moira Rogers
Lady of Devices by Shelley Adina
The Greyfriar by Clay Griffith, Susan Griffith
With this week I tried to give a variety of what kind of steampunk was out there. Adult, YA, Erotica, Independent... I hope you enjoyed it. I really threw it together at the last minute and so I'd have to say that Philippa Ballantine, Harlequin Teen, and Moira Rogers ROCK so hard!! THANKS again!!

We have AimeeKay's first review up this month!
A Ghost of a Flea by John Brinling
and

Anachronist also had a review this month:
Last Bus Out by Beck McDowell

Wait! Wait...
I have to interrupt this for a..
Squee!
I was chosen at Smash Attack Reads for the 
*ahem*
Now back to your scheduled month recap...

I also completed one reading challenge and I'm still working on the other:



Completed! ↑


I also had a blog post at Melissa's My World about my top 10 YA books as a part of her blogoversary celebration!
Go HERE for that.

I do have one more thing to do...

The Winner of the Lori Foster Book Harem is...
Tore!
The books should be on their way!

Oh and is anyone going to:
If you are let me know! It's my first book convention!


Let's see did I miss anything?
*faints*
...and I'm still not caught up!
So, how did your month go?

15 comments:

  1. Wow - what a month! Seems exhausting just reading the recap. :)

    More steampunk please! I missed some of the week as I was away but reading back I want more!! You know one biscuit is never enough - you always have to eat two! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your going to ROMCON! Lucky!! Please take a lot of pictures and share.

    Awesome summer wrap up. I can't believe you have already read 100 books this year. You're a machine! Or maybe a steampunk automation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you had time to read and review 'cause July was quite a whirlwind of activities for you! And you still managed to read more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went to my first convention and it was a lot of fun. I'd love to one day make it to RomCon. RWA will be holding their convention next year about 7 hours from where I live so I'm hoping I'll get to go *fingers crossed*


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to do, so little time! Congrats on 100 books, that's quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Melissa you're such a wonderful book whore! You had a really busy month didn't you? I don't think I was half as productive as you were!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation Melissa. I will call you a book whore from now on - no insult intended of course! Or maybe you prefer a book hussy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the awesome achievements and awards this summer! Plus, wow you've read a bunch of awesome books!

    I haven't been to RomCon, but I've heard it's a lot like Romantic Times, which I've attended twice. But either way, conferences are AWESOME. It's such a great feeling to be surrounded by other rabid readers and the authors we all love. Hope you have an awesome time!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mel... I will see what I can come up with! Thanks!

    @Liz... Thanks! :)

    @Savannah... *wipes forehead* But I still don't read as much as you have done!

    @Missie... Yep! I won tickets! *squee!* I will try to remember the camera. lol Oh and we prefer book automation. ;)

    @Stephanie... Actually, I wished I got more done. *sigh*

    @Paranormal... Yea, I won tickets and it's in state here so that is why I will be going. Hope you have fun at RWA!

    @Grace... Thanks! I think I either barely did 100 or almost did 100 last year.

    @Jenny... TY! lol I know you are one too! ;)

    @anachronist... I prefer book goddess. ;)

    @Lori... I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You kicked major @ss this month lady!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! You had a great month Melissa! And Ana and Aimee too! So much going on. That is great. :) Looking forward to seeing what all you have planned in August too. :) And thank you for joining in on the fun with the top tens. :) Really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a busy month! We have a Rom Con in Aus too but it is too far away for me to go. It looks like a lot fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a really great month in July! I hope that August is just as great of a month for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!