Monday, August 1, 2011

Bastian by Elizabeth Amber

Okay, kiddies... time to go play. Adults need to talk...

Bastian: The Lords of Satyr
Description:
Man-gods born to live and love forever, the Lords of Satyr are renowned for their sexual prowess... and unquenchable lust... 
Call My Name 
The forum excavations in Rome go on, directed by the iron-willed, charismatic Lord Bastian Satyr. Out of nowhere, a mysterious, haunting voice calls out to him. . .and lures him to the site of a long-vanished temple, where vestal virgins once performed rites of erotic surrender. The temple is the find of his career, but his heart is about to face the unknown... 
 Michaela is a pure Ephemeral. She can enter the bodies of others—and become any woman a man might wish to possess. His choice is her pleasure. And the commanding and utterly virile Bastian is the only man she desires... 
I know that some people do not read erotica because there really is no plot but something contrived so that the smex scenes can rule the book. You'll be happy to know that this is not the case in this book. Oh yes, there is lots of smex scenes, but they fit well within the story and there is more adventure here than who is bedded.

The main story is about the Vestal Virgins who were turned ephemeral to escape the destruction of their temple. There were 12 instead of the known 6 and they were paired together as virgin and companion. The main character we follow is Sylvia a virgin and we become involved in her best friend Michaela who was her partner and companion in the temple. Michaela was sent to seduce Bastian, a satyr and a descendant of Bacchus but fell in love. While interacting with both characters, Sylvia also falls for Bastian while trying to lead him to the area where several of the magical vestal stones are hidden. Sylvia must have these stones to free her sisters, some who have become prisoners to evil.

As things progress Bastian, the one who thought he'd never fall in love, suddenly seems drawn to Sylvia no matter what body she possesses. He sees color in a normally drab world. This is what at first fascinates him, but he also finds more that fascinates him about the ephemeral. Even though he doesn't know he has fallen for her or even knows what she is, yet.

Yes, this is a good story woven into all the erotica within. Those that are fans will not be disappointed. There is m/f, f/f, and m/m moments but all are done within this world that was created and aren't your usual encounters. Not all is consensual but those mentions of rape are not glorified and are seen as such.

I give this book 4 stars and do recommend it to anyone who wants to read a smexy PNR. I think you'll really like the character of Bastian! Oh and to those that do not like their history messed with, you might like her note at the end of the book. It explains what she changed for the story and why.
I was given this book by the author and no compensation for my review was given.

16 comments:

  1. Oh I think this book would make me blush too much. I like the shirtless cover though. Great review Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum, mum, somebody has stolen all my toys and I had to come home to...why are you reading a book about a naked man, mum? Why are you so breathless? ;)

    Not my piece of cake, especially that I prefer satire to satyrs, despite the fact that these two have the same roots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, that cover's enough to get me goin...lol Glad you enjoyed it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you said that there's a definite plot with this one and not just some filler in between smexy time:) And that cover? Hello. I'm halfway in love with Bastian already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... YUM! Yeah, what Jenny said. I'm going to go stare at the cover some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nic... Blush away! ;)

    @anachronist... ??? You know I have a dog and the most he'd say is "woof". :)

    @aimewookie... LOL It is a nice cover, eh? :)

    @Jenny... Yes, and so that made is a good book to read.

    @Ashley... LOL Don't forget the eyedrops! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of the main reasons I don't read erotica, the plot lines suck. This sounds...interesting. It actually sounds like it has a plot. I'm intrigued...

    {You know what's funny? These types of books are so good for the gym! LMAO! But, I'm so serious. It's like it gets your blood pumping and you feel like you need to move your feet double time. :D)

    I'll have to give it a looksy![*licks lips over cover* That man is yummy.]

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...not read many smexy reads like this - I like my action plots too much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd expect a book featuring a satyr would have a cornucopia of smexy scenes...but vestal virgins? That makes for an itneresting combo...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for erotica with an actual story! I'll keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, now this sounds like some good smexy fun, with a great story! Thanks. Hmm, I might have to look into this one. ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy! Sometimes you gotta get a lil down and dirty with some erotica! A plot is good too though!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ZOMG! *dies laughing*

    I think I counted the word Virgin 100 times in this review. Which just solidifies my believe that the only place you can find virgins now a days is in fiction.

    I have to admit the story sounds very complex for an erotic romance. Please don't tell, but I think I'm gonna add it to my wishlist. *blushes*

    P.S. Super cute button. Where do you find those images. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOT, HOT HOTTIES! HOTTIE ALERT! I mean gosh Melissa, must you always put hot guys on your page. You know its a bad sign when I get excited to visit your page just to see what hot guy you put up next! HA! Also never heard of the book but I like the sound of it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jen... LOL I never thought about the gym! Great idea! ;D

    @Mel... Well, there IS a lot of action. lol ;)

    @Stephanie... It was. :D

    @Logan... I know! I liked it.

    @Melissa...I think you'd like the story.

    @Grace... LOL

    @Missie... Now, I think there is only 98 Virgins there. lol I'm telling!

    Oh and all images are by Elvgen (blurb on reviewers page). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!