Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Book Wishlist

Joining the meme On My Wishlist hosted by Book Chick City

Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer
TBP: Feb. 14, 2012

Description:
To Rosa Alcantara, the exotic world of Sicily, with its network of Mafia families and its reputation for murder and intrigue, is just that—exotic and wholly unknown. But when her life in Brooklyn begins to fall apart, she must travel there, to her family’s ancestral home, where centuries of family secrets await her.

Once there, Rosa falls head over heels for Alessandro Carnevare, the son of a Sicilian Mafia family, whose handsome looks and savage grace both fascinate and unsettle her. But their families are sworn enemies, and her aunt and sister believe Alessandro is only using Rosa to infiltrate the Alcantara clan. And when Rosa encounters a tiger one night—a tiger with very familiar eyes—she can no longer deny that neither the Carnevares nor the Alcantaras are what they seem.

Hidden caves, dangerous beasts roaming the hills, and a history of familial bloodlust mean that Rosa can’t trust anyone. Torn between loyalty to her family and love for their mortal enemy, Rosa must make the hardest decision of her life: stay in Sicily with her new love…or run as far and as fast as she can.

Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
TBP: Sept. 27, 2011

Description:
After bouncing from foster home to foster home, Magdalene Mae is transferred to what should be her last foster home in the tiny town of Silver City, New Mexico. Now that she's eighteen and has only a year left in high school, she's determined to stay out of trouble and just be normal. Agreeing to go to the prom with Bridger O'Connell is a good first step. Fitting in has never been her strong suit, but it's not for the reasons most people would expect-it all has to do with the deep secret that she is a shape shifter. But even in her new home danger lurks, waiting in the shadows to pounce. They are the Skinwalkers of Navajo legend, who have traded their souls to become the animal whose skin they wear-and Maggie is their next target.

Full of romance, mysticism, and intrigue, this dark take on Navajo legend will haunt readers to the final page.

I almost feel like this is snake week... ;)
So, what is on your wishlist this week?

26 comments:

  1. Th covers are so creepy and intriguing at the same time! The synopsis for Shifting sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the cover of Shifting and the book sounds interesting! The other cover makes me feel a bit claustrophic though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arcadia Awakens = Romeo and Juliet ?

    Shifting = A Sleeping Beauty?

    All these snakes are rather telling dear Melissa - time for a crush?

    *evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I love the mafia..strange thing to say but I do :D Must read that one :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creepy are those covers - made me check the bacl of my chair for any snakes visiting! (Luckily they were all getting drunk on cider in the kitchen rather than sliding through my hair!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Shifting cover is so rad! I am loving the sound of that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of Arcadia Awakens,,and I love the cover,,spooky mysterious..Love it,,
    new follower
    thanks for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those covers are freaking "brilly" (OK so I have been waiting to use that since I saw it in an English Newspaper article--I think it is short for brilliant)!

    Though I would seriously get my hair cut if there was a snake coming out of the end LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arcadia Awakens sounds wonderful...it had me at fascinate and unsettle...lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first cover is amazing. Is it YA? I have to find out. Mafia families? oh so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Arcadia Awakens cover it is so creepy gorgeous.

    My keeper shelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Shifting cover but Arcadia Awakens' storyline is beckoning to me - Godfather meets Romeo and Juliet meets...Anaconda?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard of these. More books to add to my list of books that I want. The covers are very nice looking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snakes on books! LOL I like the first cover. Hope you get to read these soon :)



    On My Wishlist this week

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a snake theme going on in your covers this week! I like the sound of Awakens, it sounds a little Romeo & Juliet with some PNR thrown in!

    My Wishlist

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  16. These books are totally on my tbr list already! Super excited to see how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks, I now want to read both of these!

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The covers of these two books are great. Shifting looks like it would be really good. I will keep my eye out for it.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at them covers! Gorgeous! And the storylines themselves don't sound too terrible... ;)

    Have a great weekend Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you get your books. My total wishlist stands at 854 books, an increase of 13 books since last week. My featured wish is After the Party by Lisa Jewell. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shifting is on my wishlist as well. Can't wait to read it! :)
    Pawing Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want both of those titles! I bet you there is a lot evil laugh twists in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Doood! Those covers are creepy! The chick on the cover of Shifting makes me feel a little bit better about my bad hair days. LOL

    Loving the new Wishlist button.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been dying for Shifting since before it got a cover. It reminds me a bit of The Calling mixed with River Dance. Both of which I loved so that's no surprise, maybe.

    Arcadia Awakens sounds good, too. What else has Kai Meyer written, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey, are you having a snake fedish in this post? ;D lol. Both these covers are amazing looking! And the books sound really really good. Now you need to get these and share them with me. ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!