Saturday, July 23, 2011

On My Wishlist...

Wishlist meme hosted by Book Chick City

Hollow Pike by James Dawson
TBP: Feb. 2, 2012

Description:
When Lis London moves to Hollow Pike, she's looking forward to starting afresh in a new town, but when she sees the local forest she realizes that not everything here is new to her. She's seen the wood before - in a recurring nightmare where someone is trying to kill her! Lis tells herself there's nothing to her bad dreams, or to the legends of witchcraft and sinister rituals linked with Hollow Pike. She's settling in, making friends, and even falling in love - but then a girl is found murdered in the forest. Suddenly, Lis doesn't know who to trust anymore...

Fracture by Megan Miranda
TBP: Jan. 3, 2012

Description:
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine—despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she’s reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy’s motives aren’t quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature—or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.

Ah... such uplifting and happy books. :)
So, what is on your wishlist this week?

22 comments:

  1. Fracture sounds good even if I haven't read Before I Fall and If I Stay!! Hmm...my wishlist expands again... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting YA books. I hope you get them :)

    And that pxl animation is really cute btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone had Hollow Pike last week and quickly wrote it down,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason the figure of the cover on Hollow Pike allows reminds me of the actress Helena Bonham Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Fracture looks like something I would really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even have to know what Hollow Pike's about - I MUST HAVE IT. You had me at that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Fracture on my wishlist too :) Hope you get to read these soon!


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting picks! I added Hollow Pike to my TBR list :)

    New Follower!

    Here's mine: http://amysbookden.blogspot.com/2011/07/on-my-wishlist-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fracture please! Seriously, it sounds amazing! Thanks for bringing it to my attention Melissa, I will have to add that one to Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get your books. My total wishlist stands at 864 books, an increase of 8 books since last week. The Last Council (Amulet 4) by Kazu Kibuishi. Please come see what books I'm reading this week from my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good grief you are on a "dark" kick this week Melissa, although I like the sound of "Fracture" myself... Darn wanting to read list here we go adding another one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fracture sounds AMAZING! I need that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa! Why do you always want scary things?

    Fracture totally sold me by saying fans of If I Stay will love it! Me want.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fracture sounds amazing. I'm off to add it to my wishlist thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hollow Pike by James Dawson sounds fantastic! And the cover for Fracture is just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of Hollow Pike but it sounds great! I have heard fantastic things about Fracture! It's a read I want my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, both these books are new for me. Sounds like a great selection to look for! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. those are some awesome covers!! and i LOVE the button for this meme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!