Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Steampunk Edition

Book Boyfriend meme hosted by The Unread Reader!
Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences NovelThere are some swoon-worthy characters within steampunk. From my review of Phoenix Rising, you may not think that "Books" (or Welly) is a good handsome book boyfriend, but oh no.. you would be wrong. Behind that nerdish exterior there lies some secret skills we only get a glimpse of in the book. Miss Brawn is also quite taken with him and her eye does not turn easily. Oh and speaking of Miss Brawn, Books can hold his own while trading jabs with her. Not many men accept a ladies help nor brain at this time and he has no problem with either. I can't wait to find out what other secrets Books holds... *snicker*

Now who could hold the steampunk candle without getting burned?
Johnny Depp, naturally! 
Many of his roles have had a steampunk flavor to it but Sleepy Hollow was the most obvious:
I mean they even made a steampunk Jack! Obviously this man can do steampunk well. 
gratuitous shirtless pic!
oh and...
*sigh*

Curious about the book? Don't forget... you can enter to win! Just go HERE to go to the post to enter!
So who is your "Book" *giggles* Boyfriend this week?

23 comments:

  1. Johnny Depp is so pretty ~drools~! And how could go a guy with the names Books not be attractive. Now I must return to look at those pics especially that shirtless one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Swoon*
    I LOVE Johnny Depp. Hot and talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choice. I applaud thee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, John Depp is not bad but not in his pirate outfit...I approve, partner. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything Johnny Depp can't do well?! Love him so, so much, thanks for the gratuitous shirtless shot, yummo! And I agree, any guy named Books has to be worthy of the harem :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love Johnny Depp and the pic. New follower

    sensualride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! I love Johnny Depp. Girl you just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why yes, yes, yes he could totally fit into the steampunk era without any kind of problem at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you picked Johnny Depp. I think I love you for that. That picture of him in Sleepy Hollow is hilarious, I just adore him:) He is an outstanding addition to your harem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot about his fun gadgets in Sleepy Hollow. I loved that movie! He's so funny in it. I also appreciate the gratuitous shirtless pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could tell you what I want to do to Johnny Depp... but then everybody would be blushing... Well not YOU, Melissa, but everyone else would! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa! You are freaking Brilliant! Perfect, perfect choice.

    Anyone called Books is my idea of a perfect book boyfriend, especially if he looks like Depp!

    And seriously, that last picture makes me melt. *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. "nerdish exterior" with "secret skills"? What kind of skills, hmmm???? Sounds quite appealing to me, but then I'm drawn to nerdy guys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow....that was fabulous.... Johnny Depp..*wipes drool off mouth* is the perfect book boyfriend <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one of the Best Book Boyfriends I've yet to see!!!

    I have always had a thing for Mr. Johnny! He's so incredibly talented and sexy-mundo babeh!

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol. Very nicely done! You had me thinking for just a moment that Welly was you man all the way here. ;) Not that he isn't worth it, and after the scene where he broke his cane... hmmm.... But got to love Johny. ;D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Melissa... Johnny would play Welly so Yes, Welly "Books" is my man this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melissa that is sooooo a great way to get both in one! lol. Great combination here. ;) When's the movie coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL I have no idea. I just pick them to star as what I envision when I read the book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol. ;D We'll have to keep an eye out for it. he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  21. So I kind of have a sick love of Johnny Depp. I even thought he was sexy in Alic in Wonderland where he has giant eyes and a huge space between those giant chompers. Even sexier as Jack Sparrow...I think it's the eye liner or something along those lines. Even his icky teeth do not turn me away. LOL! This book sounds good and I've been looking for some good steampunk.

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the sound of Books. Great name! And I don't think there is any fantasy boyfriend where Johnny Depp wouldn't work for me! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. *La Swoon* I love Johnny. What a great edition. Thanks for posting this :)
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!