Wednesday, January 13, 2016

On My Wishlist: Wylde Magic by Erin Kellison


Wylde Magic
by Erin Kellison
Released as a single: Jan 2016
Returning home after a decade of study, historian Jack Wylde has to contend with a family curse he’s dedicated his life to breaking and a brother on the edge of madness. The last person he wants involved is Sergeant Evangeline Renard, the only friend he ever had as a kid, now on the Bloomfield police force. When news spreads of a vicious animal attack on the outskirts of town, he knows eventually the bloody tracks will lead to the dilapidated steps of what was once the grand Wylde family estate. And sure enough, look who’s knocking on his door… 
*Wylde Magic was first published as a short story in the Mammoth Book of Southern Gothic Romance. Jack and Eva’s story will continue, releasing Winter 2016.
This has already been published as a novella in an anthology. It sounds like something I would enjoy and I do like Erin Kellison's writing. I cannot wait to read this one and then dive into the rest of the series when it releases.  

What is on your wishlist this week?

26 comments:

  1. Sounds really good, and good review too. I just finished reading the Good Earth by Pearl Buck. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No review yet! :) I do want to read that book. Hope you enjoyed.

      Delete
  2. Oooo Panther shifters for the win Kim! And one of my favorite series, the Mercy Thompson spinoff with Anna and Charles, started as a novella in an anthology and then continued as a series so I'm excited about this one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The anthology did start off that good series. I'm guessing I agree with Kim. ;) LOL

      Delete
  3. Looks good and panther shifters are a new one for me, I hope you get it and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read about panther shifters before, and I do think this one will be enjoyable. :)

      Delete
  4. I have meet Erin a couple times and cons and each time I think "I need to read her stuff." I even have her books! *sigh* Let's see... I'm most waiting for Dreamwalker by Allyson James right now. I've been waiting YEARS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have met her once and she was so fun. So need to read her work. You will like it. Oh and I so want to read Allyson's work as well!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read her yet. But this sounds good. I like that Wylde is spelled that way. Sometimes weird spellings bother me but this one works. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm the same way! Sometimes I love it and other times it is just no. :)

      Delete
  6. I have only read one book by this author, but I want to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you'll get a copy if you don't have it yet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm I don't know about this one I confess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo sounds like this will be a nice series to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really enjoy her books. Hope you get it and enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read her-but panthers? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh... sounds like an interesting read! I hope you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!