Friday, August 28, 2009

Look What I Made!

I had seen this saying on the web somewhere and just loved it! I thought it would go perfect with another old watercolor Bette painting I had found. And since I love mermaids, I felt the saying and the picture would go well together. It was my first attempt at soldering. Granted it isn't the best, but eh... not bad. 

This picture was printed out by my computer and I placed it between 2 microscope slides. I then foiled it with copper foil and soldered it with some non-lead solder. You can find that at most crafting places, but I got mine at Etsy. I really enjoyed this and I think that I might just do more later when I get the technique much more professional looking. Otherwise I guess family might figure out what they "could" get for the holidays. ;)

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!