Saturday, August 27, 2011

On My Wishlist... First Book edition!

I participate in the meme hosted by Book Chick City

Vicious Deep by Zoraida Córdova
tbp: March 2012

Description:
Set against the backdrop of a Coney Island summer comes The Vicious Deep, the story of sixteen year old Tristan Hart whose life is turned upside down when the mermaids make an unscheduled return to land in search of their new king.

When a sudden storm pulls Tristan from lifeguard duty into a deadly riptide, he discovers what he really is—a prince of the Sea Court. Turns out, his girlfriend hopping and talents as a swimmer aren’t caused by his teenage prime hormones after all.

In this modern Arthurian tale with a twist, when all a guy wants to do is get The Girl and enjoy the freak show that is a Coney Island summer, Tristan has to fight for his life, the lives of his friends, and his humanity, if he still wants it, as he’s caught in a race for a throne that is as ancient as the gods.


Oh yes!!! Mermaids! I gotta have. Plus it looks bloody good. ;) Not sure if it is a series, but it still counts, right?

Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson
tbp: April 10, 2012

Description:
As the junior wizard sentinel for New Orleans, Drusilla Jaco’s job involves a lot more potion-mixing and pixie-retrieval than sniffing out supernatural bad guys like rogue vampires and lethal were-creatures. DJ's boss and mentor, Gerald St. Simon, is the wizard tasked with protecting the city from anyone or anything that might slip over from the preternatural beyond.

Then Hurricane Katrina hammers New Orleans’ fragile levees, unleashing more than just dangerous flood waters.

While winds howled and Lake Pontchartrain surged, the borders between the modern city and the Otherworld crumbled. Now, the undead and the restless are roaming the Big Easy, and a serial killer with ties to voodoo is murdering soldiers sent to help the city recover.

To make it worse, Gerald St. Simon has gone missing, the wizards’ Elders have assigned a grenade-toting assassin as DJ’s new partner, and undead pirate Jean Lafitte wants to make her walk his plank. The search for Gerry and the killer turns personal when DJ learns the hard way that loyalty requires sacrifice, allies come from the unlikeliest places, and duty mixed with love creates one bitter gumbo.


Yes, it's book #1 and this looks like a UF I'd enjoy!

Alpha Instinct by Katie Reus
tbp: Feb. 7, 2012

Description:
Fear has a scent. So does desire…

Ana Cordona has been a strong leader for the lupine shifters who survived after all the males and most of the females in her pack were mysteriously poisoned. As tough as she is, with no Alpha male, the pack is vulnerable to the devious shifter Taggart, who wants to claim both their ranch and Ana as his own. When Connor Armstrong comes back into her life, promising protection, it’s almost enough to make Ana forget how he walked out on her before—and reluctantly accept his offer to mate.

The minute Connor sees Ana again, it reawakens a raw hunger. He must have her for his bondmate—his wolf cries out for it. But his human side knows he must proceed with caution because of their complicated past. If he is to truly have her body and soul, he must go beyond his burning desire and win back her heart. Whatever it takes, he is determined not to leave her side again.

But Taggart and his rival pack are not their only enemies. A human element in town is targeting shifters. Their plan not only threatens Ana and Connor’s future, but the lives of the entire pack…



Yes! It's #1 with a alpha shifter and a kick-ass heroine! :)

All That Bleeds by Kimberly Frost
tbp: Jan. 3, 2012

Description:
They should never have met.

In a glittering community in the Colorado Rockies called the Etherlin, the descendants of the ancient muses live behind a wall that separates them from the world and the dangerous creatures who crave them.

Alissa North is inspiration made flesh, so she should never have met Merrick, a deadly half-vampire enforcer, but when they do meet, the connection is instantaneous, and an illicit flirtation is born. He sends her secret gifts. She writes him secret letters.

The long-distance friendship was never supposed to go any farther. But when she is kidnapped and thrown briefly into his world, everything changes. Now Alissa realizes he’s the only person she can trust, and Merrick finds he’ll do anything to protect her, even risk his life by crossing the wall.

As both worlds close in on them, Alissa knows that getting caught with Merrick could cost her everything she’s ever cared about, but giving him up proves harder than she ever imagined…


Met Kimberly and she rocks... so need this one!
BTW, I hope no one has fainted...  ;)
So, *brings out smelling salts* what is on your wishlist this week?

18 comments:

  1. I think you must be feeling unwell Melissa...first books in a series...? Before you've read the second or third? Are you feeling ok? ;-)

    Although, they all look pretty good - especially Royal Street and Alpha Instinct! My wishlist has grown again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book 1 and 4 looks cool :D

    Lol, loving Mel's comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just in love with the cover of The Vicious Deep. It's gorgeous!

    On My Wishlist

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Picks. I wouldn't mind reading every single one of those. I am going to put them on my list as well. Want to see what is On My Wishlist for this week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sound of Alpha Instinct! Adding it to my list too, makes me think there will be lots of "RAWR MINE!" from Connor - which I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have a couple of kick-butt chicks on your wishlist this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alpha Instinct sounds really good. I just added it to my wishlist - thanks for mentioning it! Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  8. All That Bleeds and Vicious Deep look SO freaking badass chick! I'm DYING for both!!! Awesome choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ***coming to, dazed and bewildered and takes a look around*** Where am I? Last thing I remember, I was clicking on a blog post and then everything went black...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, kind of mind-blowing array. I wouldn't know which one of these beauties to start frist. Have fun and please, don't ruin your reputation reading a series in a correct order ;p.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like great books. Very cool covers!

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT! Vampires in Colorado. I hope you have room for me because I'm moving in with you!

    And GAH, could the cover for Vicious Deep be any creeper? I'm never swimming in the ocean again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, that is a wicked cool cover for The Vicious Deep! Great picks this week :) Thanks so much for stopping by my post Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  14. They all sound good especially All That Bleeds :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Royal Street, NO and wizards and vampires and pixies and weres oh yes me want too!

    Alpha Instinct has one of the models for Marjorie M. Liu's books on the front but Lupine Shifters tell me yes this is a read for me too.

    All That Bleeds, set in CO Rockies about illicit pen pals sounds good especially since they are both supernatural entities who probably not suited for each other by right of birth.

    That is 3 Melissa and like Mel cannot believe you are jonesing for book 1 in series, happy you are though because all of them are new-to-me and glad you featured them for my own wishing to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dude so many books on my wishlist inculding some you have there! I need more money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really! I mean really. You are killing me with books here. These sound amazing! Now you have to go get these and torment me with the wondrous reviews you do so I have do figure out how to buy the books. :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read much in the way of mermaid stories before, but those that I have I have absolutely loved! I will have to check The Vicious Deep out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!