Friday, October 28, 2011

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Description:

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. 
Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway.  
There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1: Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.
 Hm... what can I say? This was a book I didn't want to put down. It was a world I did not want to leave. There was a man that I want to caress... uh, I mean lust over... wait... *argh!* FINE! Aiden is my love bunny and anyone else that says otherwise is a LIAR. *ahem* Back to the review...

I really loved this story. I bet you couldn't have guessed that. ;) It was also a bit of an emotional ride for me. The world is very segregated into the pures and the half-bloods. The half-bloods really have no rights and are treated as slaves. It was a world that really angered me. It, however, set up Alex's world with delicious tension and why she had the choices (and forced compliance) we read about.

The characters were well developed (especially Aiden... *giggles*). Not only did I love Alex's disregard for the rules, I also loved her best friend Caleb. He really was a true friend. Of course there is Aiden. But what can I say about him? He's horrible and you should all stay away from him. ;D Of course, I'm sure you know I'm lying. But, *sigh* yes, he makes the perfect almost boyfriend. And then their is Seth. Seth, the arrogant multitalented half. The one I'm curious as to how he is going to develop in the coming series.

I give this book 5 stars. Now this book is so much better than my disjointed review. It's only that way because I'm trying so hard to review it without revealing too much while telling you that you are a fool to not read it. FOOL! *ahem* As you see... still disjointed. *sigh*


PS...
You can get the prequel Daimon HERE at the publisher or HERE at Goodreads for free. You can also purchase it where you buy your ebooks . 


It will set up Half-Blood quite nicely. :)

21 comments:

  1. I've read Daimon and it wasn't bad but...but...I smell a nasty romantic trio in the next one...yeah...quite a stench. Almost like the smell of zombies lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't think it was so great ! Now I'm very curious about it. I'm glad you liked it this much. It's always nice to have interesting characters. I will add it to my wishlist !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you can have this Aiden dude, but Daemon from Obsidian is MINE! Muahahahah! I am def. going to read this one soon. Since I read Obsidian I have been really looking forward to this one. Great review!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, you do make me curious, but there are just too many YA novels out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZER! 5 Stars--that is very rare for you :) hmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Aiden is my love bunny and anyone else that says otherwise is a LIAR."

    Them's fightin' words Melissa! He's my love bunny. No wait. Love lion? We need something more masculine for him. Love elephant? Love mustang? Whatever. Point is, we need to come to some sort of sharing plan for him;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A 5...>I want!!! Mine mine mine!
    *tries to take the book by force*

    But I am curious :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your love bunny? oh wow! I must stay away from him, I don't want you to become jealous and do something crazy... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude! This book rocked my socks off! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What? A man that inspires a caressing desire?

    I don't mind being called a fool, but even I have my limits! I needs this book now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love bunny? *ahem* o_o

    I've heard such freakishly amazing things about this book and I am dying to read it. Also, take note that I love the cover of the second book more than the first. Seriously, something about that green flower made of fire. Anyhow, I'm done rambling. I'm just sad that I don't have this book in hand. Also, beware...Aiden and me are possibly running off together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I might just have to read this series just to find out about this hot love bunny of yours. And you can't stop me either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Anachronist... Well, I wasn't too happy with that possibility, but she really should go for Seth. It leaves Aiden open for me! :D

    @Melliane... I hope you enjoy it.

    @Giselle... Hm... will have to read Obsidian. *thinks* ;) Okay, you said I could have him! :D

    @Aurian... True. So many, but I really loved this one.

    @Felicia... I loves it! I loves Aiden! I just loves it!!! :D

    @Jenny.... *puts up dukes* *smiles nervously* Jenny! Quick! What is that over there??? *steals Aiden* ;D

    @Blodeuedd... *cries* It's mine! MINE I tells ya!

    @Nina...Well, I'm already insane... didn't you know? ;)

    @Savannah... I know! I know!!

    @Missie...Yes, I must go caress him now...

    @Jen... :D Actually, it is the prequel and it's free at the links I gave! :) Oh and I'm putting my guard dog on him. You must submit to a butt sniffing to even get close to him! *evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Stephanie... Oh noes! Don't you go near my Aiden! No, he's MY love snuggle bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am absolutely DYING to read this one dude!! Now I'm tempted to come steal it from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing beats a story that you cant put down...I just read The Pledge this afternoon....it was one of those...:D

    I cant wait to read this one...must move it to the top of 1000 pile book stack....

    ReplyDelete
  17. TEAM AIDEN FTW!
    Glad you loved it too!
    Cannot wait for the sequel!



    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was a slow week of reading. I'm wishing for a picture book again. Please come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard such good things about this series, thanks to the link to the prequel!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh, I think I need this one now. Really. It sounds amazing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think my favorite part of this story was Alex, and Aiden. There romance is so real, Jennifer did an amazing job at really capturing there love for each other, which is so rare now a days I feel. Most books are "oh hey I see you, I love you and thats it" no explanation, no realistic-ness whats so ever. With Alex and Aiden, you can't help but root for them from the very start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!