Saturday, October 8, 2011

On My Wishlist...

Meme hosted by Book Chick City


Dead of Night by Jonathan Maberry
tbp: Oct. 25, 2011
Description:

A prison doctor injects a condemned serial killer with a formula designed to keep his consciousness awake while his body rots in the grave. But all drugs have unforeseen side-effects. Before he could be buried, the killer wakes up. Hungry. Infected. Contagious. This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang…but a bite.


Precinct 13 by Tate Hallaway
tbp: Aug, 7, 2012

Description:

The dead have tales to tell.
Sometimes they just won't shut up.


Not much to go on, but the excitement for this one caught me up. :)

The Monster's Corner edited by Christopher Golden
Anthology
Published!
Description:

An all original anthology from some of todays hottest supernatural writers, featuring stories of monster's from the monster's point of view. In most stories we get the perspective of the hero, the ordinary, the everyman, but we are all the hero of our own tale, and so it must be true for legions of monsters, from Lucifer to Mordred, from child-thieving fairies to Frankenstein's monster and the Wicked Witch of the West. From our point of view, they may very well be horrible, terrifying monstrosities, but of course they won’t see themselves in the same light, and their point of view is what concerns us in these tales. Demons and goblins, dark gods and aliens, creatures of myth and legend, lurkers in darkness and beasts in human clothing…these are the subjects of The Monster’s Corner. With contributions by Lauren Groff, Chelsea Cain, Simon R. Green, Sharyn McCrumb, Kelley Armstrong, David Liss, Kevin J. Anderson, Jonathan Maberry, and many others.

So, do I have you in the mood for the season yet?
What is on your wishlist this week?

17 comments:

  1. Having adored Jonathan Maberry's Rot and Ruin, I think his adult books will be intriguing! Although seeing you root for Team Zombie, I have to ask if you're feeling ok...? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Dead Of Night sounds wonderful, something a little bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dead of night sounds nice and scary. Precinct 13 looks interesting, but I wish there were more to go on. I do like the cover, so I'll keep my eye out for it.

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead of Night would be my pick as well...weren't you supposed to read ghost stories, though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover for Monster's Corner is freaky but I can't stop looking at it. I think it would be interesting to read a book from a monster's POV.


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow all those books look great! I will be adding to my wish list today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you make me very curious about Precinct 13 ! I can't wait to know more about it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting selection of books! I'm still super busy with school and the new kitten. But I do have a new wish, a picture book I want to read with my daughter. Come see what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in The Monster's Corner - the cover's creepy scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Monsters Corner intrugues me but also creeps me out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first one looks nice but the second is just scary!

    *hides*
    I have not written my flash
    *runs away*

    ReplyDelete
  12. DEAD OF NIGHT looks freakishly awesome. See what happens when people do stupid things like that. I mean, the guy has to die, not cool to make him feel the decomposition. Stupid Doctor. *jumps up and down* I'm all excited for this one now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am halfway done with Dead of Night---FREAKING AWESOME! Then a friend stole it and I don't get it back until Thursday LOL Granted she got to meet JM and got the book signed but darn it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loooove Jonathan Maberry! And The Monster's Corner looks freaking AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Monster's Corner looks so good and I think I need it. I'm a huge fan of Christopher Golden so I'm sure I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All three look really good! But I've been seeing Dead of Night everywhere lately, so it's right there at the top of my wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first on I have seen. The other two I haven't heard of till now. :) Thank you for the great new books! Now you have to read them and torment me with them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!