Thursday, August 9, 2012

Don't Fear the Reaper: Week 2


Week Two August 9th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by Lila@ Babbling About Books and Stuff.

1 - Shiny objects and old family stories are told in this chapter, including an old nickname for our dear Charley. What was the nickname her uncle Bob gave her when she was little? Do you have an old nickname from when you were a kid? You can share it, and if it's really embarrassing we won't mind. *wink* 


Calamity... as in Calamity Jane. I had group nicknames when I was a child hanging with my cousins, but noting embarrassing. My nicks are the usual ones for Melissa.

2 - In this chapter we met someone. A really special guy named Rocket. Now, my memory is not what it used to be, and I just can't remember what makes him so special. Can you tell me what makes this particular ghost unique among all the others? And how about you? What can you do that makes you special? Anything? Jump on one foot for a really long time counts. *giggle* 

He is like a record keeper for the dead. He also saw the dead when he was alive.

What can I do? Hm... *scratches head* I can make a mean pot of green chili. I also can survive being squashed by a 100 lbs doberman!

3 - Charley is really *cough* not your ordinary girl. She does something that, well, there's no way around it. She named parts of her body and the names are... oh crap, I forgot. Just my luck. *sigh* But I'm sure you guys can say what part of her body she named and what the names were. And, since we are on the matter, have you ever named a part of your body? If so, what was it and what was the name? Come on, don't be shy. *wink+crooked smile*


Her boobs. One was Danger and the other was Will Robertson.

As far as my body part names... like this?:

:D Nope, no wooden legs at the moment... and no, I'm not telling anything else.

4 - We all have our little secrets. Things we don't tell anyone, not even our bff. Char (we became close :P ) is no different, but in this chapter she shared her little (big) secret (S) with her bff. What did you think about her reaction? What would be yours?

I thought she took it rather well. Plus, she already knew some stuff, so it was easier for her to take when the bigger secrets came out. As far as how I would react? I would hope I would believe her... especially since there is Reyes... I'd probably ask if she'd introduce me... ;D

5 - In this chapter, Char continues her heart-to-heart with her BFF and comes up with some theories about our fave badboy/possibly ghost. What do you think of it? Can it be? What do you think about him? Hot? Double chocolate hot? Super duper caramel chocolate cake with a cherry on top hot?

Well, I've actually listened to this one on audio, so I know what Reyes really is... but I will say this: What I think about him? MINE. All you need to know... Now, I'm hungry for dessert.

Week Three August 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Jen @ In the Closet with a Bibliophile

10 comments:

  1. I loved the video you added. Is it weird that I laughed for about 5 minutes after it was over? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about Reyes, I am sure there are more than a few other woman who would strongly disagree with you. :P

    Fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so you are claiming Reyes....hmm I think you may be mud wrestling for him. Squashed by a doberman...bet that feels good. I will take a bowl of your chili please! Thanks again for being on board for this read along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee. That clip is funny. Made me smile. :) And another series I doooo need to get to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great, now I want to watch Mary Poppins. lol

    Everyone is claiming Reyes! Stop it. Just stop... he'll be mine. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video and I think you'll have a fight on your hand over Reyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED Calamity Jane with Doris Day. Were you as much of a tomboy as she was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Calamity Jane was the character's nick and not mine... but I really like that nick! :D

      Delete
  8. Great clip from Mary Poppins. My all time favorite Disney movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually surprised how Cookie didn't mention to Charley about introducing Reyes to her. I'm guessing Cookie will meet him later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!