Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #3) by Linda Robertson

There was a time when Persephone Alcmedi thought her life was hard to manage, what with wondering how to make sure she took adequate care of both her grandmother and her foster daughter, Beverley, whether she'd end up in the unwanted position of high priestess of a coven, and whether her werewolf lover, Johnny, would resist the groupies who hang around his band Lycanthropia.

But that was before the fairies started demanding that Seph's frightening, unpredictable ally - the ancient vampire Menessos - be destroyed . . . or the world will suffer. Seph and Menessos are magically bonded, but that's a secret she dares not reveal to her fellow witches lest they be forced to reject her and forbid her use of magic. And, despite the strain this casts on her relationship with Johnny, as a showdown with the fairies nears, she and Menessos badly need the werewolves as allies.

Life, death, and love are all on the line, but when destiny is calling, it doesn't help to turn away. With the individual threads of their fates twisted inextricably together, can Seph, Johnny, and Menessos keep the world safe from fairy vengeance?
Need to say this first... this series keeps on getting better. I think I've enjoyed this book most of all. I will also have to say that there were times when I thought Persephone was being manipulated again, but really in a much smaller way. However, even though it felt like that at times, it really wasn't that way at all. She was still learning and growing... under fire so to speak... so what she decided made sense. She still is ruled by emotions that overtake her, however, I also suspect that will be a growth aspect coming.

As far as Johnny is concerned... I still don't want to spoil anything I've said in the last review of this series, however he is present with his own trial and tribulations. Menessos is also paramount within this book. FINALLY I have to say that I would trust him much more now. His veneer has cracked and some human emotions erupt. However, do not expect this to happen for much of the book. For those that enjoy his arrogance, you will not be disappointed. :)

In the end I give this book 4 1/2 stars. I really enjoyed this one and even gave a tear at one time in the book. It isn't a cliffie ending, but important information is missing. So much so that I had to look at the back of the next two books (which I have) to see what happens. Had to know, but I'm not telling anything. *evil laugh*
I received this book from Pocket Books and no compensation for my review was given.

22 comments:

  1. An UF series that keeps getting better..? That's my favourite sort! I will have to put this series on my wishlist I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the odds of that? To think my last blog visit was all about this very book.

    Glad you are enjoying the series, its good to know it keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT WOOT! I love that the series keeps getting better and better. That is always awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo yes we're back to Johnny again. I'm so glad this series gets better as it goes, I love when that happens instead of the first book setting a bar the others never quite reach:) Oh yes, I need to read these. And also fight you for Johnny ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MINE! ;D

      I'd love to see what you think of Johnny... and Menessos. :D

      Delete
  5. it's so nice to see that your opinion has evolved since the first one, I'm more and more curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always try my best not to look at coming books, but sooooooo hard ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I just got the newest one for review. I still have a couple to go to catch up to that one. :)

      Delete
  7. Well this sounds like fun! I need to check out this series. I am not familiar with it at all. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A tear??? OMG! You know I love emotional books!!!

    *Goes to look for book 1!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a book that move well into the plot. And the love interest, hmm, I think this is one that I could enjoy. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo, I do like the sounds of this one. :D Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I guess this are one of those books with a little bit of mixed emotions when reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have said this before, but I think this is a series I would enjoy. And tearing up? Well, I like a bit of emotion too! I will have to read this series one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I skipped to the end because I've been seeing these titles on my emails and I really think I'd like this series. I don't want to know too much ahead of time. I'll have to see if I can find these somewhere cheap. I am way way over my book buying budget for the first half of the year and its only January!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started book one once but just didn't get pulled in. However, I was also quick to give up, I didn't give it much of a chance. I'm glad it keeps getting better and I'll defintiely go back to it as soon as I can. YA is nice and all, but I miss good old urban fantasy more often than not.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do have the first book, need to start reading this series you love so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!