Friday, April 22, 2011

Support Teen Reading with Great Prizes!

With thanks to:
Bookish Brunette
I was lead to the website of Randy Russell author of 

Dead Rules by Randy Russell
TBP: June 21, 2011
Jana Webster and Michael Haynes were in love. They were destined to be together forever.

But Jana's destiny was fatally flawed. And now she's in Dead School, where Mars Dreamcote lurks in the back of the classroom, with his beguiling eyes, mysterious smile, and irresistibly warm touch.

Michael and Jana were incomplete with out each other. There was no room for Mars in Jana's life or death story. Jana was sure Michael would soon rush to her side.
But things aren't going according to Jana's plan. So she decides to do whatever it takes to make her dreams come true, no matter what rules she has to break.


Love wasn't all red paper valentines and candy hearts. Sometimes love was despair. And sometimes love was wrong. Jana loved Michael enough to kill him for it. Jana loved Michael to death.

So why is this so epic?
Because he is giving away some epic prizes!

$2,500 in Dead Rules Giveaways to support Teen Reading, Schools & Libraries, and Indie Bookstores.

Includes $2,000 in new books from your local independent bookseller.


Participate in the categories below to be eligible for giveaways awarded July 31, 2011.
  • Teens & Readers: 2 iPod Nanos, $500 in books of your choice, $200 in iTune credits
  • Teachers & Librarians: $1,500 in books of your choice

It is so important now since so many libraries have had their budget cuts. I am lucky I live in an area where the library is supported, but will still be one of the cuts if things get worse. 
My favorite memory is the book-mobile. I loved that bus. Couldn't wait for it to come after school on certain days. I would love to see that program in particular make a major comeback. 

SWEET!
So hop on over HERE to get more info!

11 comments:

  1. This is so great! I love it when people do stuff like this. Reading is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness lady!!! I think this is such an amazing thing he's doing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is awesomesauce! I mean is there anything better to support than getting Teens Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those prizes are amazing, so great that he's contributing so much and supporting reading and libraries! Awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing prices and a very good initiative! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So... Slightly amazing! I have had this book on my wishlist for pretty much forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing. I am off to check it out. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great guy for supporting libraries!! He's my hero and I'm putting his book on my wishlist. I'm lucky as well that my county recently voted to fund our libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. This news is amazing!

    I read Dead Rules and loved it. Really funny in a freaky way!! =D

    Thanks for the info!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!