Saturday, April 10, 2010

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning (Fever #3)

Faefever: The Fever Series
From the book: He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too. 

When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it. 
Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.
I have been behind on many of my series but found some time and decided to continue the fever series since Shadowfever isn't too far away! I have to say that KMM does not disappoint with this third installment of Mac and Barrons. There were times (as there was in the other two books) when you just wanted to either kick Mac or Barrons in the "petunia" so they would both be straight with each other. Of course, if I didn't feel this way in this book, I would wonder if I picked up another series by mistake. The book is fast paced and enjoyable read until...

I had pondered about even mentioning the ending, but several people had mentioned it as a cliffhanger. Well, yes, it is a cliffhanger (I usually hate those) but there was something more in the ending I hated. All I will say is that it almost made me give it one star less. Upon reflection and the note by the author in the book, I decided this was EXACTLY the end and emotion that was intended so I gave back the star I almost stole. Therefore, this book has 5 stars and I recommend this series. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you start at the beginning with Darkfever. The series comes together much better that way for readers. 

9 comments:

  1. i absolutely love this series! i can't wait until the next book comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with Barrons *sigh*
    The Fever series is amazing and it only gets better with each installment. I can not wait to read your future reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting about how you changed your mind about the ending - must be some series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I still hate the ending, but I suspect that there is a reason for it. So, intentionality wins. :) It is a good series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ending was rough...but I think it is addressed quite well in the next...

    Such a great series :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Mandi, I really enjoyed the way the ending was dealt with in the next installment. God I miss Jericho, so ready for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im NOT gonna read that LOL

    I have all the fever books, but I havent started them yet... Im waiting for the last one to come out so I dont have to wait between them =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, now you have me curious. Wonder what it is that almost lost a whole star. Thanks for the review. I know what it is like to get behind in your series. I am worried about this summer into the fall. I have so many next books coming out I feel like I am cornered and not going to get to them all. :) I will still buy them though ;) Got to have them.

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I'm convinced. I won't worry about the ending not being dealt with properly in the next book. Thanks for that!

    I know how you feel, Melissa. I need more time and money for all the books I want to read! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!