Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth

Blood OathFrom the book:
Zach Barrows is an ambitious young White House staffer whose career takes an unexpected turn when he’s partnered with Nathaniel Cade, a secret agent sworn to protect the President. But Cade is no ordinary civil servant. Bound 140 years ago by a special blood oath, Nathaniel Cade is a vampire. He battles nightmares before they can break into the daylight world of the American dream, enemies far stranger—and far more dangerous—than civilians have ever imagined. 

BLOOD OATH is the first in a series of novels featuring Nathaniel Cade, the president's vampire.
I had a lot of fun with "Blood Oath". The author, Christopher Farnsworth is a scriptwriter and I think it shows in his book. The book reads like you are at a movie. In this book, Zach, the whiny overprivileged staffer reassigned after a indiscretion with the president's daughter meets the mother of all predators, the vampire, Cade. However, instead of being annoyed by Zach, he quickly proves his worth and become likable. We also get to find out how Cade becomes a vampire and how he earns his blood oath. This makes it a great rounded out book with no annoying blanks of critical information. There is also no information overload with this book, so it becomes quite entertaining.

There is more than one bad guy in this book and the stories meld into an exciting end with zombies on the attack! The book is a stand alone but the ending does leave room for the sequel. I, for one, would love to continue the adventures of Cade, the president's vampire. I gave this book 5 entertaining stars. Don't forget the popcorn when reading this book.

If you want a small view of how entertaining the book is, then take a look at this trailer for the book:


I'd like to thank Lydia Hirt from Putnam Books for this ARC. No compensation was received. The book is due to be published on May 18 2010

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you liked this book! I still have yet to read my copy (alas my TBR is out of control) but I'm looking forward to it even more now.

    And thanks for including the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand the tbr! So is mine. :)

    When you read it watch the trailer again. It'll be fun. Oh, and it looked like some people had stumbled on to this trailer without realizing it was for a book. They were shocked to think this was a real news program! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a great fun read! :D I love the video. Great idea. Thank you for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic trailer! I have GOT to read this book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!