Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Trace of Moonlight (Abby Sinclair #3) by Allison Pang

Drinking from the waters of lethe and offering herself up as Faerie’s sacrificial Tithe . . . these just might be the least of Abby Sinclair’s problems. Abby’s pact with a daemon—whether or not she remembers making it—is binding, so she’d better count herself lucky that (in the words of a daemon who knows better) there’s nearly always a loophole. But her friends’ reckless attempts to free her, well intentioned though they may be, set off a disastrous chain of events. In no time at all, Abby turns her incubus lover mortal, then gets herself killed, cursed, and married to an elven prince whose mother wants her dead. On top of everything else, she’s lost the Key to the CrossRoads to her mortal enemy, who promptly uses his restored power to wreak havoc on the OtherWorld and put its very existence in jeopardy. Only one person can make things right again, but to find her, Abby must place her trust in allies of mixed loyalties, and conquer her nightmares once and for all.

This is the third book in the Abby Sinclair series. The first being, A Brush of Darkness and the second A Sliver of Shadow (check those reviews for some great quotes that will make you smile). These books should be read in order and seriously, this series rocks so hard why wouldn't you?

This book did not disappoint. All my fave characters are back including Phin the horny unicorn. Ion the daemon who I have a love/hate relationship with, I admit did not do that to me this time. Total love fest from me. :) Ah, and then there is Talivar the elven prince. Always a love fest for that one. *sigh* Oh yea, if you love books with amazing characters you are SO in for a treat. Even those you hate as well as those you feel lukewarm are also well drawn. Hm... can you tell I just love the characters in this book? I bet not. ;)

For those that do not like a love triangle, well, I hate to say it but this has a doozy. It was handled exceptionally well for a triangle, but I hated it only because you didn't want either one to be hurt. You also couldn't decide who would be best for her even if there tended to be one that was a winner. I think it is because both suitors are broken and Abby is the kind of person to accept them both as they are which encourages them to accept themselves. *sigh* You know that makes a good PNR and you have both. Hm... I don't mind keeping the one that gets away for her... ;)

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. You have adventure, a conclusion to all the main threads that were running around including the cliffie from the last. I have heard this may be the last novel (short stories may come) in this series and I sincerely hope that isn't the case. I does have a feel of completion but I am not ready to give up these characters yet.
I received this ARC from Pocket Books and no compensation for my review was given.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Talivar, ok so I only met him for a few seconds in book 1 but I liked him :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another series I want to start reading! I keep hearing about this horny unicorn and it intrigues me... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can absolutley tell you love these characters. But, seriously, who doesn't love a elven prince?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about this one, but in the same time I would like for her to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have stayed away because of the triangle but it does sound like a wonderful series! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a horrible triangle and it makes some sense, but a triangle nonetheless...

      Delete
  6. A horny unicorn? Well sign me up for that. I hate love triangle but I might live through this one! I have the first two books in this series now just to find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first book and LOVED it! Unfortunately the second one never made it my direction so now I'm behind. Shucks. I totally need to get my hands on these next two! I LOVED Phin!
    I think the romance like in these books works. It tears you apart but yet it just brings so emotion that it kind of makes it good. Kind of. I think. I might change my mind regarding that though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, the horny unicorn. *giggle* and a series you are enjoying I need to get. *sigh* Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey glad to here that this is the finale of this series, that means I did not have to wait for the ending next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! A horny unicorn??? WTH! I almost choked on my soda while reading your review. I am intrigued and want to read this book now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!