Friday, February 11, 2011

Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse? by Max Brallier

Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?From Goodreads:
Inside these pages lies unspeakable horror. Bloodsplattering, brain-impaling, flesh-devouring horror. You’ve probably read your fair share of zombie stories. But this time it’s different. No longer can you sit idle as a bunch of fools make all the wrong moves. All hell is about to break loose—and YOU have a say in humanity’s survival.You have choices to make. 
Moral dilemmas.
Strategic decisions.
Weapons. Vehicles.
Will you be a hero?
Or will you cover your own ass at all costs?
 
Can you withstand the coming hours, days, weeks, and months? Or will you die amidst the chaos and violence of a zombie uprising?
Or, worst of all, will you become one of them?
 This reminded me of those little quizzes you take to see how long you would survive various situations. One was how long you would survive a velociraptor attack. You both were chained to something and I think I lasted 3 minutes or something (I hit it with my torn off arm, and I'm absolutely sure that is what gave me another minute of fighting time!). Anyhoo.... this book reads like those quizzes only it is more extensive and in a story format.

I know the question... did I survive? Um... well, lets just say, if I get a hankering for something fresh, you might want to run in the other direction. ;) I do plan on going back to the book and try different scenarios to see if I at least last longer than I did the first time. At least give me this... first, I'm not a horn-dog man. During the story that was told, I wouldn't have made the decisions that the story told, but it was still the part of the story/path that I took, so I suppose I must take responsibility for it. *sigh* Even so, it was fun to see where you would be taken to next once you decided.

I give this book 4 stars. It's all in fun and I even laughed at certain scenarios. It's not just a book, it's a game. It's for anyone wanting to see if they will survive without all the hunger pains for brrraaaiiinnnnssssss.... :D

I received this book from the publisher for my review. No compensation for my review was given.

11 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book that I can get into. Plus it also sounds like that movie Zombie land. Which I loved and laughed my head off. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh... That is totally one of the campiest book covers ever. Seriously. It seems like it would be a lot of fun though- I might have to try it out!
    Have a great weekend Melissa!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this sounds hilarious and a bit scary! I wouldn't survive. I would scream, run, trip and be eaten by a zombie. SAD, but íts true. hahahahah lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun is this! I want to see how long I'll last. I don't know that I would be savvy enough to beat it with my torn off limb, well done you. I like to think I'd survive, but I think it's wishful thinking, I'll probably be toast pretty quickly:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, sounds fun :)

    Would I die? Hm, I mean I would hide away and then hide some more

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, does this book have the choice of having a steel bunker stocked pile high with enough food and supplies to last two years? Because I've got that scenario covered... you know how it is, I thought I'd prepare for the big one here in California and I got a little excited in being prepared. Just a teensy bit. Otherwise, I'd probably be zombie meat. I can't run very fast and take about 1/2 hour to load my weapons with ammo...(sigh) I really need to practice that more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This does sound like a ton of fun! I totally have my Zombie attack plan ready, run to a Wal-mart and lock myself inside.

    Gawd, I'm terrible at making decisions, and it is even worse when I have to make them under pressure. So I'm putting myself in the run the other way category, like you.

    Oh, and your comment on my blog totally made me snort out loud!

    Thanks Melissa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh this sounds so cool!

    Thanks for the review hon! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a hankering for brains right now. LOL (How creative for a book!)

    Hey ... I just followed. I also picked up your button (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4545820411_e176b81f26_o.jpg") to add to my blog hop page from Vampire Review (on blogspot).

    I love your vintage-style banner. Your blog is just super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already know the answer to this 0 seconds haha. But I appreciate the originality, and this looks like a fun book :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee hee... I need some brrraaaiiinnnssss...

    I have to see how many choices I have. I haven't even read all of them yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!