Saturday, December 4, 2010

On My Wishlist...

The Spirit Rebellion (The Legend of Eli Monpress)The Spirit Rebellion by Rachel Aaron
From Goodreads:


Eli Monpress is brilliant. He's incorrigible. And he's a thief.
He's also still at large, which drives Miranda Lyonette crazy. While she's been kicked out of the Spirit Court, Eli's had plenty of time to plan his next adventure. But now the tables have turned, because Miranda has a new job -- and an opportunity to capture a certain thief.
Things are about to get exciting for Eli. He's picked a winner for his newest heist. His target: the Duke of Gaol's famous "thief-proof" citadel. Eli knows Gaol is a trap, but what's life without challenges? Except the Duke is one of the wealthiest men in the world, a wizard who rules his duchy with an iron fist, and an obsessive perfectionist with only one hobby: Eli.
It seems that everyone is hunting for Eli Monpress. 
The Spirit Eater (The Legend of Eli Monpress)The Spirit Eater by Rachel Aaron 
From Goodreads:

With the pressure on after his success in Gaol, Eli Monpress, professional thief and degenerate, decides it's time to lie low for a bit. Taking up residence in a tiny seaside village, Eli and his companions seize the chance for some fun and relaxation.
Nico, however, is finding it a bit hard. Plagued by a demon's voice in her head and feeling powerless, she only sees herself as a burden. Everyone's holiday comes to an untimely close, though, when Pele arrives to beg Eli's help for finding her missing father.
But there are larger plans afoot than even Eli can see, and the real danger, and the solution, may lie with one of his own and her forgotten past.
If only Nico could remember whose side she's on.


...and just to break it up a bit... :D


CloakedCloaked by Alex Flinn (published Feb. 1, 2011)

From Goodreads:

Think you know paranormal romance? Alex Flinn gives the genre a twist in this modern fairy-tale mash-up!
Johnny’s not your average hero. But a little magic changes everything. There isn’t a fairy godmother or any of that. It all starts with a curse. And a frognapping. And one hot-looking princess. And before Johnny knows it, he is on a mission in the Everglades, with only a flock of swans and a talking fox named Joe to help guide him against the forces of an evil witch.
So... what is on your wishlist this week?

10 comments:

  1. You sure made them go on my list too after your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now want "Cloaked" too Melissa, nice picks and hope you get them all to read!

    My Wishlist this week

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy cover for the second one - appropriate enough for someone wiht a demon inside her head.

    Oh, and a new Alex Flinn - gotta check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection - I have Spirit Rebellion but still have to get Spirit Thief - I should really look at the order of the series first! :)

    By the way, I adore your christmas tree of books! I want a christmas tree like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa...I swear I was just checking out the Rachel Aaron series online. I was thinking about how interesting they looked...Seems they didn't only appeal to me. I hope that when you get these books, they are everything you hope them to be. Check out what is On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of The Spirit Eater - very striking! I hope you get your books soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty covers. As always, I'm wishing for a mixture of books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics. I am putting them on my TBR. Cloaked sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great wishlist. ;) I have not read anything by Alex Flinn, but this one sounds really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I need to get the first one if you have both the next two books on your wish list. :) Thanks and hope you get them and enjoy them as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!