Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Bring Me A Dream by Erin Kellison

Series: Reveler #5
111 p.
Publisher: Fire Flower Publishing
Published: 8/19/14
Source: From author for review
The madman and the nightmare…

Vincent Blackman is a little…unhinged. He recently fought a nightmare from the world Darkside and won. Now he fears nothing and wants revenge on the man who had his father brutally murdered. And how convenient to find an ally in Mirren Lambert, his enemy’s gorgeous and sexy daughter. Unfortunately, she’s made a few enemies of her own.

She might be a nightmare, but she’s also his ultimate fantasy.

Mirren was born half human, half nightmare. She was on the run from her ruthless father, but when he abducted her young son, she knew he had to be stopped once and for all. Dangerous Vincent is just who she needs to help her, though she has a perilous part to play as well, infiltrating her father’s circles to discover his secrets. They learn something dark is stirring in the dreamwaters, and it’s reaching toward the waking world. Vincent might be holding on to the last of his sanity, but that’s okay, as long as he holds on even tighter to her.

Bring Me A Dream is the fifth installment in the Reveler serial, a hot paranormal romance set in a world where shared dreaming is a new pop culture phenomenon that allows people to indulge their wildest fantasies. But there are also unknown dangers Darkside; nightmares are slowly infiltrating not only dreams, but the waking world as well. And behind them all is a shadowy entity called the Sandman.

Revel with me.
My thoughts:
Okay, what is it about the bad guy and girl? This is their story and I loved how interesting it was. Maybe it is finding out the motivation and what drives them to be bad? Well, in this case the motivation isn't bad at all. In fact it is noble. Don't let that disappoint you, their solutions are anything but noble. :) In fact, it is like most "bad" guys like this, their emotional states and morals seemed to be stunted but they keep trying even if they know it is wrong.

This was a fun episode in the series. I was shocked by a twist and I hope we get to know more about why that happened. I now have to know more about the Sandman and Erin Kellison has me totally hooked on what comes next.

I give this book 4 stars and wished it was longer. I'm so glad the next book is out so I can devour it as well.

22 comments:

  1. I'm not that much into episodes but sometimes it's also nice. I'm glad you have the next one and don't have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are really more like novellas than episodes. A lot of these are out now! :)

      Delete
  2. You have me completely curious about these two Melissa! I want to be bad with them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy them. :) I know how you love a bad boy! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love reading about the villains! It really is fascinating sometimes just to get inside their head and see why they do the things they do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious now! Glad the second's out - 100ish pages doesn't sound like it'd even scratch the surface!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I'll be on the 6th. She actually does a good job with the short novellas.

      Delete
  5. Oh dang. You have be crazy curious. It's interesting seeing the 'bad' guys story. I've still not tried her out though I plan to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. You are just not used to me posting on Tues as much... ;)

      Delete
  7. This is one author I've been meaning to read. I'm really glad you enjoyed this installment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the first of this series and I was lukewarm about it. I just can't get into insta-love especially in SHORT pnr/sci-fi like this. Coz it's romance centric and the hot and heavy quickies distracts me from the plot. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes the villains are the most interesting, complex characters! I really like the sound of this but I don't think I have the patience for episodes. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can always count on you to introduce me to new series and I looove that, Melissa! Yet again, this is a series I haven't even heard of before but am definitely intrigued by now. Thanks for putting it on my radar, dear!(:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huh - I usually don't like the shared dream thing but this sounds a bit different so maybe...

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do have some of her books, but have not read them yet. They sure are different from the norm, something with Shadows I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like a bad guy who is noble beneath the surface:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to hear it was a fun read and managed to surprise you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!