Thursday, December 12, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Alice in Zombieland

Meme hosted by Melissa My World in Words and Pages. It's about books that are already on the shelves and are waiting to be read. Go to her website to join in!

My submission this week:

Alice in Zombieland
by Gena Showalter
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever. 
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone. 
Her father was right. The monsters are real… 
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies…
I was gobsmacked when I got this in the mail. My little book angel sent this to me! I can't wait to dive in!!! :D 

22 comments:

  1. Oh I really liked this one it was a great book and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh! YES!!! I adored this book Melissa, I hope you do as well. Please just keep in mind whilst reading that Cole is mine. I want to make sure we're clear on that upfront ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first part of your comment fine...and then it got all blurry. Can't make that last part out... hm... :D

      Delete
  3. I definitely liked this one -- it was different than I expected and Cole annoyed me at times but very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly didn't like this one so much. I can't remember all my problems with it, but predictability was a huge issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can handle predictability as long as I'm entertained. :)

      Delete
  5. I really wanted to read this book and I was dying to get my hands on it, then the reviews came in and I was not as excited. I shelved it. I would still like to read it sometime, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this one, and I am anxious to read book two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I loved what I've heard of this one. Do read it and make me want it more. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually have the second book, but I never did get the first! I'll be waiting on your review...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed this one, so looking forward to seeing how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the beginning of this one but then it kind of went downhill for me. All my friends loved it though and I'm a tiny bit interested in the sequel...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard mixed opinions about this one, but I'm curious to see what you think and hope you enjoy this one, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this one! Had a few minor issues with it, but overall I'm into it. Hope you enjoy it, happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the cover even if I'm still not convinced by these re-tellings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!