Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf #2) by Molly Harper

Series: Naked Werewolf #2
336p.
Publisher: Pocket Books
Available Now
 Source: TBR pile
Generations of werewolves have been secretly residing in a secluded valley a stone’s throw from Grundy, Alaska. So when a snooping Outsider comes to Grundy to investigate rumors of lycanthropic shenanigans in the area, the valley’s pack alpha, Maggie Graham, resolves to chase him away, even if doing so takes a quick bite on the butt. 
What a pity that researcher Nick Thatcher turns out to be so drool-worthy, and that his kisses make Maggie want to sit up and beg. Maggie just can’t seem to convince Nick to leave . . . and even worse, she can’t convinceherself to stay away from him. Cross-species dating is problem enough for a harried alpha female, but on top of that, a rival group of werewolves is trying to move into the valley. With interpack war threatening, Maggie can’t afford to be distracted. 
Combining romance and a career can be tough for anyone; for a werewolf in love with a human, it may be disastrous...
My thoughts:
 I have to admit, I do enjoy Molly Harper's humor in her PNR books. I enjoyed this second installment and I even read the first (proof: How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf review). In this one we get Maggie, the kick-arse alpha near Grundy AK. No one messes with her, but there is something strange going on and there is this hot nerdy guy that keeps getting under her skin.

I enjoyed revisiting this world and really enjoyed both Maggie and Nick. I actually wasn't sure I was going to like Nick, but was quickly charmed by him not taking crap from Maggie and even standing up to the surly werewolf. Not even her second has that kind of bravery. I also liked the twists in the end which kept with the feel good feeling of this book.

I give this book 4 stars. If you enjoy humor, lots of smexy weres and a cute romance, I suggest this series. I can't wait for the next installment.

Quotes:
“You are so whipped.” “Baby sister, when your wife looks like that”—he pointed toward Mo’s kitchen ballet—“and cooks like this”—he scooped up some homemade chips and popped them into his mouth—“being whipped isn’t so bad.”
She made a face and whispered fiercely, “You know I didn’t. Hell, I didn’t have a good time at my baby shower. Baby showers should be reserved as punishment for betrayers in the Seventh Circle of Hell. But I went. Why? Because that’s what being part of a family is all about, spending a Sunday afternoon doing stuff you really don’t want to do.”
As a matter of fact, the idea that he’s trying to exploit innocent furred people instead of modeling for underwear ads—the way God obviously intended—is reason enough to kill him.
Bloggy note: 
As of me writing this review, the ebook is on sale for $2.99 on Kindle. :D 

26 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, Melissa! For me, it didn't quite compare to the first book, which I really loved. I have the third book now and it's not quite as funny as I'd hoped either, but I have a feeling it'll work out better for you. Great review, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still enjoyed this one. I also read it because I'm going to do a review on the 3rd. :)

      Delete
  2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with naked werewolves. Nothing. And I do love when humor is infused throughout the story, as Molly Harper's books are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly Harper's books always make me smile Melissa! She has such a fabulous sense of humor, I'm definitely looking forward to the next book too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the titles for Molly Harper's books but I've yet to pick them up. I need to fix that soon! I love the sound of the characters and think I would really enjoy this one. Should I start with this series or her vamp one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the Vamp one is complete so you could start there and not have to wait for the next book. The 3rd were book isn't out until the end of this month.

      Delete
  5. Great cover, I'd definitely pick this one up on account of it alone so its good to read that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the first book on audio, it was funny and very relaxing so I'm eager to get my hands on this one as well. I love her sense of humor and these days, when it's cold, that's pretty much all I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear this on audio. It's cold here now. :P

      Delete
  7. I think I read a book by Molly Harper. Did she write books are vampires? If so, I read those. I need to check out this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since I read a book by her. but I liked them (even if I don't remember them lol), but I haven't tried this series yet, I should!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to give it a go cos it sure sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to read these books for going on three years now, I even recently grabbed the latest installment ARC so I can get it done. I love cute, snarky romances!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like fun, and look at you..reading books in order. You make this anal reader proud!! I am adding book one to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to read this series for ages! I think her humor might be something I'd really enjoy. I'll have to see if I have the first book. I don't think I do...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard these are so much fun. I need to get them. :D Thank you and so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, first kudos for reading in order! I have always wondered what these novels were about. This title is especially catching! Four stars and you're waiting for the sequel that speaks highly for it! I'm gonna put this on my fun to read TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i enjoyed this book although I did prefer book one. I'll have to be sure to get book three.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh yes, I love smexy weres and humor and romance! This sounds like a major WIN! Totally checking this one out, and thanks for the heads up on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A female alpha? Truly? I don't think I have ever seen that before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!