Felicia of the Geeky Blogger has decided to join me again in this event celebrating my puppy's birth. Her pup also has a b-day this month and both wanted us to do something for the animals out there that aren't as spoiled! So, in the last few years I have decided to give away some books (or gift certificates) to those that help out animals. That way the good is spread to more people than both Felicia and I could do ourselves. Some of the places you might donate to online are listed below. Please feel free to add your own. The list will exist on the page above listed as "Animal Links". Oh and don't forget to visit Felicia's new FB page for animals. It's called... Friends Saving Animals (hint: you get an extra entry for liking the page... it's on the rafflecopter form).
To make this easy here are the rules:
- You must do something for animals. It can be giving money, volunteering, or supporting them in some major way this year (you can read last year's comments to see what people had done).
- It has to be something you wouldn't normally do for an animal. Cleaning out your own catbox, feeding your own dog aren't acceptable. These things are expected when owing a pet and are not what we are looking for.
- You must tell me what you did or where you donated (do not tell me the amount if it is money) in the comments. That way people can also find out what to do or where to donate. You can also add your organization to the links above if you like.
- You could also donate to organizations listed above or any local organization. It doesn't have to be about money. It could be time. You could have helped prevent BSL by writing to your congressman (see my left side for those links). Walking a neighbor's dog who cannot do so themselves. Donating needed items to a local shelter. Finding a dog and bringing it back to it's home. Blogging about your favorite charity or cause. There is a lot out there you can do.
- Fill out the Rafflecopter form which also has prompts to remind you to do this.
*And as it was every year... it's on the honor system. Please do not lie. Sarah McLachlan will find you and make you cry if you lie. She can do it. I've seen those commercials. Yes, same threat, but I think it was a good one.
The giveaway will be open until the 20th.
Oh and if you will help promote this, the animal gods will smile down on you... just sayin'... ;)
Here is the button (you'll also get an extra entry for doing so!):
2 winners! International!
$15 in a gift certificate to Amazon or B&N... or the same amt. in books at the Book Depository!
Fill out the rafflecopter form below: