Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Netflix, Puppies, and Free Audiobooks... What a Combination!

I only have a couple to share.

Show:

Into the Badlands

This one is an AMC production. I did catch one ep on AMC but didn't get caught up in it. I found the first season on Netflix (second season is going on now at AMC) and quickly got into this one. This is one I highly suggest to start from the beginning. The nuances make more sense. It has those Chinese film sword fight like flair that defy gravity paired with a dystopian background. This is one I say to try it (from the beginning) you might like it. 😉


Movie:

Leap Year

Thought this one would be cute with Amy Adams in it and it was a enemies to falling in love kind of film. It follows the formula and I did enjoy their journey where everything goes wrong. They do fall for each other but it really didn't quite flow with me. I think I needed a bit more of Matthew Goode's background or character growth. Still, it was enjoyable and I did love the epilogue at the end.



If you like that formula, I think you would enjoy the 90s film, French Kiss. It is a bit more successful in the transition of enemies to falling in love but I sill love Leap Year's epilogue better.  I mention this because it hit me as I was comforting my pups and this came on tv in the background. 💋


🎬

...and speaking of comforting pups. Again, I haven't had as much time as I like with either netflix or reading because the pups think they need more attention. One isn't still doing well with more pain and has worried me but we had snow and it really made her happy (she is a snow dog).

The other one decided to get more attention. Since his paw had healed from the last time, he decided to rip off a nail on another foot. It came off clean so I just put a cotton sock on his foot so it could still get air, keep clean and keep him from licking (in his case he is good about it as long as there is a sock on it). If this happens to you, as long as it isn't bleeding a lot you can usually soak it in warm water to clean it then put neosporin on it before putting a sock on it. You hold the sock on with a loose wrapping of vet tape or the kind of tape that sticks to itself (I found a vid since I'm not sure I was clear HERE which also gives good hints of what to look for and what to do). I thought I'd go into detail since when looking for the video I saw an article that said to put peroxide on it. Oh no! Talk about pain! Don't do it. And go to the vet if you feel the need or have questions. Best place to get your answers. The pics below is when it first happened and all I had was thin paper tape. It ended up rolling up on itself and creating pressure on his foot. I caught it quickly since I was monitoring it before I could get the proper tape.

You can see he isn't too happy with the sock on and he acts like I have abused him to no end. LOL Hopefully he will not have lost the nail permanently. I also hope he stops vying for attention in this way. So forgive me if the blog gets a bit slow.
Trying to guilt me into taking off the sock
🙈


One thing to note is the start of Audiobook Sync's free month. It has already started and by the end of today (May 3rd) the freebies are The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and The Dead House by Dawn Kuragich. Tomorrow starts the new week of audiobooks. Those will be Feed by MT Anderson and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. The list for this year is HERE so you don't miss any.
🎧

45 comments:

  1. Free audio is the best :D Yay for sync

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember when Leap Year came out. It looked interesting and I like Amy Adams but I never got around to seeing it. French Kiss was a cute one, though. I love Kevin Kline. It didn't totally work for me, though. I hate to say it, because I adore Meg Ryan, but I kind of found her character in French Kiss to be annoying. I usually love her roles but that one grated on me a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! She was annoying but I liked how it worked. You might like Leap Year better.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Your poor babies. I couldn't imagine all the stress you're going through over it. I hope they both start doing better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Or if the boy would just stop injuring his feet, I'd be good with that. :-/

      Delete
  4. Oh no the sock of shame! Indy is suffering through this right now. He licked until he got an open sore on his foot. It's closed up now but he licks at night so he has at least another week of the sock.

    Good to know about Into the Badlands. I meant to watch it when it was on tv but I had missed the first few episodes. I'll head to Netflix and catch S1.

    LEAP YEAR!!! It's not a perfect movie at all but damn it if I haven't seen it a dozen times lol, I love Matthew Goode :-)

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sock of shame! I'm totally using that when I sock him (what I usually say when I put on another sock). LOL

      Yea, go for S1. Into the Badlands makes more sense that way.

      I actually like French Kiss a bit better but I did like Leap Year. Both are fun.

      Delete
  5. Oooo free audiobooks! How cool, thanks for sharing :D Lovely post, and hope the doggies feel better <3

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little baby :(

    And I was disappointed with Leap Year too. Great formula...just didn't deliver 100% lovely scenery though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh... don't let him hear that. He'll think he needs more attention. :)

      Leap Year was still good enough for a good veg session.

      Delete
  7. Ahh... I hope your pup is on the mend. I remember when I went through something like this with my dog. He tore the whole back off his nail and I had to put him in a sock too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Darn puppers! He will be on the mend despite trying to do the opposite. I have decreed it. LOL Like that will get me anywhere. ;)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the reminder on Audiobook Sync!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently binge watching Into the Garlands! So good, right! And Leap Year is cute :) Thanks for the Audiobook Sync reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I liked Leap Year but it has been a while. I love him though. The free audiobooks are awesome this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to give Leap Year a go because I did like French Kiss. I watched a bit of that AMC series, but couldn't get into it at the time.

    Oh, your puppies sure are keeping you on your toes. Ah, he does look like he's playing up to the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, watch Into the Badlands from the beginning. It makes all the difference.

      Yep, but would that be keeping me up on HIS toes? LOL

      Delete
  12. Your poor pups! It's so stressful when they aren't themselves - mine had been sick for most of April and the vet only found the issue out last week. Thankfully it was an easy fix! I hope they're better soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, one is worse, but still has attitude, so good sign. :) The other just needs to learn to be kind to his feet! :)

      Delete
  13. I enjoyed Leap Year! I did really enjoy the first season of Into te Bdlands but the second? Not as good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are just beginning the second here and so far I'm enjoying it. :) Will keep that in mind though.

      Delete
  14. I remember French Kiss! I loved that movie and romantic comedies aren't my usual. I am going to have to check out Into the Badlands. That looks like so much fun!
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review

    ReplyDelete
  15. Into The Badlands looks so fun, I hope to get around to it soon :)
    I watched Leap Year a few years ago and liked it because it was cute and I can't say no to an enemies-to-lovers story, but it also wasn't super memorable either. I didn't know French Kis so I'll have to check it out.
    Hope your dogs will both feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second season is getting good too.

      The movie was cute and perfect for vegging. :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  16. Ooo what is the Audio Sync?

    Okay so I walked in on the hubs watching Into the Badlands and it definitely seems like something I would enjoy but he said it's super violent. I can't handle any blood or violence, so I might have to pass ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a place where they give you freebies one month every year! :D Easy to get them too!

      Yea, it is quite violent so it may not be for you.

      Delete
  17. Aw, your poor dogs! I hope they both start getting better soon. I need to try audios again, so thanks for sharing these free ones! I'll have to keep up with them!

    I remember enjoying Leap Year when it first came out, but I don't really remember the exact details. haha

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free is good, right? :)

      If one of them could leave his paws alone, he would be doing good.:)

      Delete
  18. Glad your pups are on the mend. Now if you only you can stop the one from ripping out his nails. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can get him to leave his paws alone, all would be good. :)

      Delete
  19. I had a friend tell me Into the Badlands was really good, so I do it have it on my list to try. And French Kiss is actually one of my favorite movies, even though it's a little cheesy at times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do the Badlands from the beginning tho....

      "I like the cheese." :D LOL

      Delete
  20. I haven't seen any of those. Thanks for the pup tips.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is actually good when the sock is on. I can't complain about that. :) Now when it is off, I do need that support group. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no. The dreaded sock! lol. We had to do a pair of shorts on Sheba once. lol. That was a hoot. I have pictures somewhere of it. I watched the first few episodes of Badlands, and want to get to more of it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I bet she loved that. :D

      Oh Badlands second season is good! :)

      Delete
  23. Haha! I need to see your dog with his sock on. And free Audio books, that'd be awesome!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hated that sock! :) Free is always a good price. :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!