Monday, February 15, 2016

Scrape by Erin Kellison

Series: Reveler #8 (series ender)
117 p.
Publisher: Fire Flower Publishing, LLC
Published: 9/16/15
Source: From author for review
The last battle will be a nightmare… 
The Sandman has broken through to the waking world, bringing with Him a monster of a storm. Mirren Lambert and Vince Blackman set out to force him back into his own realm, while Malcolm Rook and Jordan Lane are cornered by an old enemy intent on revenge. They learn that there are no rules when fighting for the ones you love. 
In the midst of the chaos, Harlen Fawkes is charged with finding a way to make dreaming safe again. As nightmares lurk in the fringes, waiting to attack, he is driven to a bold decision that will change the world Darkside forever. All the while, his heart is with Sera—will the love of his life ever wake again? 
Steve Coll must come to grips with his altered nature. His passion for Maisie Lane transcends the darkness, and he becomes both a fearsome nightmare and the hero humanity so desperately needs. Armed with hope and love, he strikes out to defeat a powerful god. But will it be enough? Or has dreaming just become too dangerous? 
Scrape is the eighth and final installment in the Reveler serial, a hot paranormal romance set in a world where shared dreaming is a new pop culture phenomenon that allows people to indulge their wildest fantasies. But there are also unknown dangers Darkside; nightmares are slowly infiltrating not only dreams, but the waking world as well. And behind them all is a shadowy entity called the Sandman.
My thoughts:

Yep, this is the last book in the series and although every book here is short, none lack the punch of a novel with twice as many pages. I couldn't wait to find out what happened to our group and I knew it wouldn't be all sunshine and roses. I was correct in that asumption.

Without spoiling anything, I found myself wondering how everything will play out. As one after another loose ends were tied up, I didn't worry that the ending would answer all my questions. It did, but I did find that the ending with The Sandman a bit too easy once a certain character got involved, but I also liked the revelation that came with it in the final showdown. I guess revelers is a good series name. :)

I give this book 4 stars. It is a action packed book with a touch of romance thrown in for each paring. I especially liked Maisie and Steve's romance... but I will say no more. I highly recommend this whole series (which should be read in order) for those that enjoy UF and PNR.

24 comments:

  1. Glad the last book delivered. And it's always nice when a smaller book offers a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep wanting to get back to reading more UF again. Maybe several shorter stories would work for me.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember The Sandman!

    A great ending, that's all we can hope for with our favorite series

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to find this series and try it! And this cover is especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You still might like these since it has a lot of UF in it as well.

      Delete
  6. I think I would like this series Melissa, and I am glad you were happy with the final book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds nice evn if quick but I love to have a good ending like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo this series sounds good Melissa! Need to add it to my list for sure:) I love a book with answers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear that none of these books lacked the punch of a longer novel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that they are short but still have the 'feels' and emotions you'd get with a bigger book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the bitter sweet with a great book as the series is ending. Sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like it was a good wrap up to the series, despite a feeling a little too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh those have looked so yummy. Glad it turned out to be a good wrap up! I always worry about those ending ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!